Mehdi Benatia

I wouldn't mind giving them Nastasic in return. He looked out of place throughout last season and never seemed to get the grip of Pellegrini's more front foot defending. I do think that he's worth more than what Roma are proposing though - €25m and Nastasic would be fairer IMO. I also think that Nastasic will excel in Italy. He was superb under Mancini and will be back playing that style of football in Serie A.

The benefit of giving Nastasic away comes outside this deal. Only paying €25m or so in cash for Benatia would give us €20m + whatever we get for Yaya if he's leaving, which seems more and more likely. That extra money could make us challenge for a Pogba or Vidal.

If Nastasic does go then I think we will bring in another Demichelis type signing as a stop gap on the cheap.

Rekik will go out on loan again in my opinion because if Marseille and Bielsa are interested we would be stupid turning that down if we are serious about his development.

Maybe the only way of getting Benatia out of Roma is if we give them Nastasic, either that or we want to save a bit of money and not pay the full fee and Pellegrinis see's Nastasic as a player who can leave.

Lee the Blue said:
Any time we have to field Boyata at centre half, or anywhere else, we are fuct Im afraid. Nice lad and all that, homegrown and organic but sadly nowhere near good enough and never will be.

Rekik comes in to the equation I suppose but run this by me again - 30m AND Nastasic, for a guy who will pee off for 5 weeks in January to the ACON and which is basically on the back of 1 good season in a declining Seria A? Call me old fashioned but I think we'd be absolutely bonkers to part with Nastasic at all, and certainly not for this guy. Id want Hummels, Subotic or someone of that ilk for that price tag.

You missed the part where his NT isn't very good and only got on because they are the host nation. Much like South Africa in the World Cup. Also your alternatives are also coming off injury ridden seasons. Not sure we would want to add that to our squad.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Tbilisi said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
mate......its 30mil euros......£24mil cash......plus Nastasic!

For fear of being labelled a ITK wanker I have just texted my Dad to ask him to ask a drinking buddy of his if Nastys Agent(its his mates Brother in Law) has been to Rome re Nasty....worth a go.

Worth a try mate!;) let us know how you get on!

Will do.The lad lived in Sheffield(works in the South now) where my Dad lives and they are good mates,hes a Liverpool fan but hes alright.I was talking to him at Christmas when he mentioned his sister was married to Nastys agent.

Went ape at my dad for not telling me before.

sam-caddick said:
If Nastasic does go then I think we will bring in another Demichelis type signing as a stop gap on the cheap.

He would have to be English/homegrown, though.

Right now if we sign Willy and Benatia we HAVE to sell one non-homegrown player and that can't include Nastasic (he is under-21 for one more year so doesn't have to be listed) because we're +1 over our quota of 17.

If we signed another foreign defender we'd have to sell two non-homegrown players.

So if Nastasic did go and we looked for a fix to fill the gaps... it'd have to be someone like Caulker I guess. We could have just kept Lescott (he is only earning about £40k/week at WBA) if that were the case...

Just give Roma cash and keep Nastasic, then we have Vinny/Benatia/Demichelis/Nastasic and able cover when Benatia heads to AFCON.

Blue Haze said:
Can't say I'm surprised. Not sure Nastasic fits our new system.

I agree.....He will be a very solid defender for someone but doesn't fit our system...I think Benatia would be a massive upgrade and a better fit for what we need and because of the FFP restrictions, adding Nastasic will mean we have a little extra money in the pot!!;) Hope we close the deal soon, will be nice to have him on board for the start of pre-season training next week....

@Solano_56: Nastasic's agent HAS been at Trigoria but it's because he's also Ljajic's agent. Ramadani held brief talks with Roma for Ljajic.

CityStu said:
I wouldn't mind giving them Nastasic in return. He looked out of place throughout last season and never seemed to get the grip of Pellegrini's more front foot defending. I do think that he's worth more than what Roma are proposing though - €25m and Nastasic would be fairer IMO. I also think that Nastasic will excel in Italy. He was superb under Mancini and will be back playing that style of football in Serie A.

The benefit of giving Nastasic away comes outside this deal. Only paying €25m or so in cash for Benatia would give us €20m + whatever we get for Yaya if he's leaving, which seems more and more likely. That extra money could make us challenge for a Pogba or Vidal.

How did he look out of place? He was injured for most of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.