Mehdi Benatia

Rammy Blue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Academica said:
Totally agree.
I really have never got the rave about nastatic personally. No doubt he's got potential but even the season before last think our fans well overrated him.

Agreed. I was vilified on here for saying I didn't get the hype about Nasty. Decent player but never going to be world class.

I thought he was good but not deserving of the hype he received on BM.

With the way we play, Pellegrini wants defenders who are proactive and want to take control. Nastasic is a defender who looks to react rather than stamp his authority on the game. He looked like a fish out of water when he played for us last season.

Manc in London said:
Rammy Blue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
I really have never got the rave about nastatic personally. No doubt he's got potential but even the season before last think our fans well overrated him.

Agreed. I was vilified on here for saying I didn't get the hype about Nasty. Decent player but never going to be world class.

With the way we play, Pellegrini wants defenders who are proactive and want to take control. Nastasic is a defender who looks to react rather than stamp his authority on the game. He looked like a fish out of water when he played for us last season.

He's just turned 21!

He had a shaky season last year but the whole defence struggled to adapt for a chunk of the year. He showed great potential the season before

citytill1die84 said:
No way would I get rid of Nastasic he's still got a lot to learn and will become a very good player. I've still not warmed to this Benatia seems a lot of money for a player who's been a free transfer twice. But the club know what they're doing and that's good enough for me.
The Fat el Hombre said:
Manc in London said:
Rammy Blue said:

He's just turned 21!

He had a shaky season last year but the whole defence struggled to adapt for a chunk of the year. He showed great potential the season before

What part of my post are you referring to, when you state his age?

Admittedly the whole team struggled defensively. The team did not appear balanced.

What 'great potential' did he display in 2012/13? He had a midfield sat on top of him so he was rarely left exposed. His decision making was questionable, he was weak in the air and at defending set pieces, and his positioning and passing were hardly high quality. He is young but he needs to improve substantially if he is to be a starter for a team aiming to win the CL. If he had played the same number of games as Demichelis last season, I doubt we would have won the league.

Yet I can only imagine the shit you gave Demichelis during his settling in spell.

Your argument could also be put on Hart. Fortunately Joe wasn't injured and was able to come good.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I'd much rather have Benatia than Mangala, the problem is the AFCON in January, though.
We can't think of AFCON though. Morocco arnt expected to go far anyway. Worry about that when we get to it. He will be a class signing.

ManCityX said:
Yet I can only imagine the shit you gave Demichelis during his settling in spell.

Your argument could also be put on Hart. Fortunately Joe wasn't injured and was able to come good.

Who are you to say I 'give shit' to players? I have never 'given shit' to any footballer who has played for City. What makes you think that? Check my posts when I make references to Demichelus. You will see that I thought he was quality from the first moment he played for us. It was obvious he had a lot of ability and class. Something that has not been evident, as yet, in Nastasic.

Your analogy of Hart is not relevant at all.

We will rue the day in a big way, if we let Nastasic leave City!

Exceptional for his age, and will only get better!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.