Mehdi Benatia

Damanino said:
For 30m€+Nastasic it would be a fantastic deal.

For AS Roma.

The next day they could get around 10-15m€ for Nastasic.

I would buy Benatia if he is cheaper than Mangala, but if its around the same price why not go for the 4 years younger Mangala that still could have some resale value even 2-3 years later.

€40m for Mangala is a lot of money for potential though mate, he may become one of the best but it is a big risk if you ask me.

If he wasn't at Porto I reckon he would be valued at around half of that.

I reckon if Nastasic is being part of the deal then it's because either we are desperate for Benatia or Pellegrini isn't keen on him and is willing to let him go to try and get the Benatia deal over the line.

€20-25m + Nastasic wouldn't be too bad if we are willing to let Nastasic go.

Whoever we go for to partner Kompany is going to cost us a fortune unless Txiki trusts one of his scouts with a hidden gem, but can we afford and risk to do that when it's pretty clear our defence is one of if not our biggest weakness.

The most important thing is not the maths and value, but to get the best player in.

I don't know much about Benatia or Mangala. If Mangala is that good, how come Sakho is ahead of him as far as Deschamps is concerned?

I trust the coach and his staff, but given the potential of Nastasic and Rekik, and the performance of Demichelis in the 2nd half of the season, I'd be quite happy to do nothing. The priority was a right back to cover Zabaleta (seeing as Richards wasn't being used), and a keeper to cover Pants departure. I think we also need some cover for the attacking midfielders seeing as Lopes is going out on loan. I'd prefer to see City spend £30m plus on Alexis Sanchez/Di Maria.

Marvin said:
The most important thing is not the maths and value, but to get the best player in.

I don't know much about Benatia or Mangala. If Mangala is that good, how come Sakho is ahead of him as far as Deschamps is concerned?

I trust the coach and his staff, but given the potential of Nastasic and Rekik, and the performance of Demichelis in the 2nd half of the season, I'd be quite happy to do nothing. The priority was a right back to cover Zabaleta (seeing as Richards wasn't being used), and a keeper to cover Pants departure. I think we also need some cover for the attacking midfielders seeing as Lopes is going out on loan. I'd prefer to see City spend £30m plus on Alexis Sanchez/Di Maria.

How come Nasri isn't in the squad at all ?

How come Paulinho was starting in front of Fernan ?

How did Torres make the Spain squad in front of Alfie ?

It's all about opinions I guess

Marvin said:

Kompany's injury record mitigates against such a risky course of action, and Rekik was a long way off being good enough for the first team when he left. However, I share the sentiment about Sanchez. Aguero is an ongoing injury concern and someone with Sanchez's pace and trickery would be a welcome addition. If we've got £8m or so, use that for an up and coming centre half. The prices for both Benatia and Mangala are utterly laughable

We need to get a new CB. Btw how is it that the realible Marzio says we made an offer while City sources say we did not? Who is lying?
While other reoports say we go back for Mangala after WC that makes it like he is plan A and Benatia is Plan B.

Left black 8 said:
We need to get a new CB. Btw how is it that the realible Marzio says we made an offer while City sources say we did not? Who is lying?
While other reoports say we go back for Mangala after WC that makes it like he is plan A and Benatia is Plan B.

I am trusting Di Marzio as I don't think he has ever been wrong regarding our business, not from what I remember anyway.

These Benatia stories have been leaking out of everywhere in Italy this week it seems so there has to be something going on.

Why are people on here so happy to get rid of one of the most promising young CB's in the world for a player who is 27. When he was Nastasic's age he was free released and ended up playing in the second division in France! If we use Nastasic as a make weight in this deal we will be making a huge mistake. Benatia is clearly a good player but Nastasic could easily develop into a player of a similar standard or better. He has everything in his locker and two great mentors in Kompany and MDM.

MCFCUSA said:
Also Morocco's national team aren't very good anyways, so they will probably get bounced in the first round so it's not like Benatia will be gone for a month... Because Morocco won't be going far in this tournament.

Don't players have to be released a couple of weeks before the tournament starts? Then there's a good few days of travelling back and jet lag recovery

Marvin said:

Deschamps isn't a good barometer for a NT manager as to why a certain player is where.
Even thought Sakho was poor at Liverpool he was perviously at PSG where they had better looks at him and he's also pretty high up in the squad pecking order, even being captain in one of their last friendly games I believe prior to World Cup when Lloris was out.

sam-caddick said:
Damanino said:
For 30m€+Nastasic it would be a fantastic deal.

For AS Roma.

The next day they could get around 10-15m€ for Nastasic.

I would buy Benatia if he is cheaper than Mangala, but if its around the same price why not go for the 4 years younger Mangala that still could have some resale value even 2-3 years later.

€40m for Mangala is a lot of money for potential though mate, he may become one of the best but it is a big risk if you ask me.

If he wasn't at Porto I reckon he would be valued at around half of that.

I reckon if Nastasic is being part of the deal then it's because either we are desperate for Benatia or Pellegrini isn't keen on him and is willing to let him go to try and get the Benatia deal over the line.

€20-25m + Nastasic wouldn't be too bad if we are willing to let Nastasic go.

Whoever we go for to partner Kompany is going to cost us a fortune unless Txiki trusts one of his scouts with a hidden gem, but can we afford and risk to do that when it's pretty clear our defence is one of if not our biggest weakness.

I'd agree with that last bit, I don't think we can or will risk not having a partner/cover for if Kompany gets injured next season, it will need to be someone who can either lead or step in and the defence not be weakened. With Kompanys injury record the last couple of seasons and the possibility of bans for yellow or red cards, then we don't want to rely on an inexperienced player to fill the void. I would imagine that Pellegrini will be expected to progress beyond the last 16 with a minimum target of quarter finals next season in CL so having the squad to achieve that is vital

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.