Mehdi Benatia

bluechampion7891 said:
pudge & rodge said:
bluechampion7891 said:
The thing about Nastasic is that he has great potential but needs time to read the game that makes up for his lack of pace. HE will be immense in a deeper, slightly defensive system. That's why he gets exposed in our high line.

A lot of people say that they don't agree that Nastasic can't play the high line. I think he can, and with time he may be great at it like Demicheles is but the thing is that you have to have a faster partner. That's where the problem comes IMO. Kompany injured and we are down to 2 slow defenders. Its the reason why we might consider Nastasic expendable.

I like him really, given time and/or the correct system he may well be a top 5 defender in the world.
You keep saying Nastasic is slow

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxnfKoOWmWE[/video]

Well he is...we need Kompany quick...look all high line systems are exposed when you have 2 slow CBs...Barca and Barca without Puyol

I would have loved to have Nastasic here along with Kompany and a quick defender/benatia but I don't think he will get much game time. Lets see how this develops...as long as we have a better squad next season and are fighting well on all 4 fronts
"Barca and Barca without Puyol"

What?

I disagree that Nastasic is slow and find it bizarre that you find a 21 year old with lots of potential more expendable than a 33 year old, turning 34 this coming season.

I'd be willing to see Matija leave on a year long loan but selling him in part exchange? No thanks. Selling him would rank up there as one of City's biggest mistakes, of which there have been no shortage in the past. Don't sell ffs

yatesy94 said:
I'd be willing to see Matija leave on a year long loan but selling him in part exchange? No thanks. Selling him would rank up there as one of City's biggest mistakes, of which there have been no shortage in the past. Don't sell ffs

Totally agree.

Academica said:
yatesy94 said:

Totally agree.
I really have never got the rave about nastatic personally. No doubt he's got potential but even the season before last think our fans well overrated him.

If Nastasic is to go as part of the deal to get Benatia to City fine. I just hope City load the deal in our favour e.g. buy-back/percentage of future sale.

I like Nastasic a lot but of course will be guided by Pellegrini.

I will watch Nastasic's future career with interest and wish him well.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Academica said:
yatesy94 said:

Totally agree.
I really have never got the rave about nastatic personally. No doubt he's got potential but even the season before last think our fans well overrated him.

Agreed. I was vilified on here for saying I didn't get the hype about Nasty. Decent player but never going to be world class.

Rammy Blue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Academica said:
Totally agree.

Agreed. I was vilified on here for saying I didn't get the hype about Nasty. Decent player but never going to be world class.

I prefer to trust Pelligrini's view that Nastatic is dispensable and not really part of his plans rather than the over hyped views of some city fans on here who somehow see him as the next great hope.. Still say he's Savic plus...

Rammy Blue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Academica said:
Totally agree.

Tad unfair to label him as such after all the lad is only 21 and coming off an injury-stricken season.

For 30m€+Nastasic it would be a fantastic deal.

For AS Roma.

The next day they could get around 10-15m€ for Nastasic.

I would buy Benatia if he is cheaper than Mangala, but if its around the same price why not go for the 4 years younger Mangala that still could have some resale value even 2-3 years later.

We already got ripped off in the Savic/Nastasic deal, we did not have any patience for Savic but I am sure we will still hear about him improving and playing very well at Fiorentina.

The season Savic had at Fiorentina and the season Nastasic had before he came here are pretty much the same or maybe Savic had a little bit better season.

Now this Nastasic+money for Benatia could be another rip off. Whats next season? Money+Benatia for Pepe?

There is no guarantee that Benatia comes here and will be an instant hit.Give up about 25m pounds and Nastasic for that is awful. Pretty sure many Roma fans would accept it before City think it really trough.
No wonder that is some kind of counter offer, its meant to good for the one offering it.

We need 4 CB's that is sure, Nastasic deserves one more year to see is he completely not ready to play the high line, is he not liked by Pellegrini and will be used only when Demichelis is injured.

Give up on him is just bad right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.