Mehdi Benatia

People get very over sensitive - he was asked a question and said his preference would be London.

That does not mean he would not be happy playing for us.

onceabluealways said:
People get very over sensitive - he was asked a question and said his preference would be London.

Exactly! I said as much in the Mangala thread, he was given two choices and hesitated and said Chelsea because of London, not because he prefers the club. He also said he wants to go somewhere he can win trophies and City certainly applies.

The horrible UK press have of course twisted it into a dig at City again with the Mirror going as far to say "Chelsea ahead of City in the race to sign Mangala", as if that one comment means they're definitely going for him (despite having arguably the best set of centre-back options in the league).

The only way this is an issue is if Chelsea make a bid for him. Mangala said he'd prefer the PL to La Liga or Ligue 1 too, so I guess that means he snubbed Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG ("I like Paris and I wish them success, but I'm a man of challenges and I aspire to succeed abroad") in favour of City... using the same logic.

onceabluealways said:

Why is he saying it then - when he knows damn well we have been in lengthy talks/negotiations to sign him from Porto??????

TrueBlue1705 said:
onceabluealways said:

Why is he saying it then - when he knows damn well we have been in lengthy talks/negotiations to sign him from Porto??????

He wasa probably asked a leading question - football players not known for being the brightest sparks

kun said:
sam-caddick said:
kun said:
We've been linked with Vermaelen, Vertonghen and Dante. David Luiz looks like he's leaving Chelsea. Agger, Varane, Badstuber and Mascherano could all be available too. Others include Inigo Martinez, Howedes, Matip, Chiellini etc. Also, with an inevitable exodus at Barcelona Pique could be a target, especially due to him being homegrown. So there are plenty of options out there, but I still think we'll get Mangala.

I hope not, any player who comes out and publicy says he wants to join another club instead of yours you know it's time to move away, his heart wont be in it and he will likely moan about living in Manchester after stating he prefers London.
You'd have to be extremely naive to believe the likes of Aguero, Silva and Yaya prefer Manchester to London.

Thats because they are all in mansions in Cheshire.

Raggi01 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
pavelsrnicek said:
So Mangala wants Chelsea and Barca want Benatia. Full on flapping summer ahead.

Honestly I think we'll struggle to get a top CB in - sorry I'm just being realistic ..... It sounds like Fernando wants to come but City and Porto were looking at brokering a combined deal with Mangala who has put a spanner in the works. Barca know we're restricted with regards transfer cap and can blow us out of the water on the Benataia deal if they want to!!
We have a makeweight in kolarov though which Roma have been wanting for a while.

I'd be amazed if Kola left. Oh, and he's a lot better than a 'makeweight'.

mcfc2607 said:
sam-caddick said:
Got a feeling we will keep what we have at this rate.

The only way I see us getting Benatia if we are interested would be to put 40m on the table.
What rate? A bleeding rumour. Its not even june.

Some right mard arses on bluemoon.

If some of us want to be grumpy old pessimistic bastards thats our choice!! :-D

Can't believe people are considering trading Nastasic and money for Benatia. That leaves us with just three CBs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.