Mehdi Benatia

TonyM said:
City would hardly string him along and Benatia would hardly let them so I would very much doubt that the Benatia deal is dependant on the Mangala deal or vice versa.

I suspect one deal will happen anyway as a Lescott replacement and one is dependant on Nastasic going (could be that the deals are lined up but we need to receive money before forking out because of the current financial restrictions).

So IMO we are after both Mangala and Benatia.

my thinking is your right

Pam said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
sam-caddick said:
If the Mirror is correct and we have agreed a deal with Benatia and a £30m sale with Roma then why are we not going ahead?

I really don't understand why we are waiting around for Mangala when Benatia looks like he is doing all he can to push a sale through.

I know we should trust Txiki and the scouting team but I am a little lost as to why we really are going all out on Mangala.

If u see mangala closely you would get the impression that the guy is made for the premier league,and plus he's young and have potential to become of the best cb of his generation in few years time,benatia is good but mangala would be a better buy for us ans that's why we've been after the guy for so long and will go till the end for his signature

Who is he holding on for?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_HsjpSVaI[/video]

mosssideblue said:
Seems to me that what we know is nothing other than what the press have said and what interpreters on here think that means. Unless some credible ITK comes and spells it all out for us, we are just amusing ourselves with chinese whispers.

City and Porto talks have been going on since Jan.....the ITK's and pretty much every news source(including Mangala himself) has confirmed we have been in talks since the start of the year......its incredible to think we still willing to hold out and wait for him to make up his mind or that we still trying to work a deal after 6months of talks............Benatia could have been done and in training camp by now....The longer this goes on the bigger the chance City "could" miss out yet again a CB....

If this deadline is true I'd just go for it.

He won't get in the way of Nastasic's development too much, he seems to want to play for us and he won't piss us around all summer (Mangala is the opposite of all this).

Cheaper than Mangala too.

I'm no cynic said:
sam-caddick said:
I think we are making a mistake with Mangala, if he really wanted to come to City he would have signed by now.

On the other side of the coin we have one of the best central defenders in Europe looking like he is pushing for a move to come and join us and we have apparently agreed a £30m sale with Roma, yet we look to be stringing him along.

Most of Europe are after Benatia but we seem to have priced them out, how many clubs are after Mangala? I only see us being the primary club linked.
I've got misgivings too. A player who has been quoted as saying that Chelsea or United were his preferred destinations doesn't give me much confidence. Too many bog standard players have arrived over the years because we paid them to be here, no other reason, whereas a quality player like Benatia is busting a gut to get here, yet we seem to be allowing this whole business to drag on.

I think our Spanish emigoes know better than us lot at what there job is and what there doing,we haven't had a fuk up once since they took over,transfer window isn't shutting down next week so hold ure horses down
This window is already a sucess and it will end up as a sucessful one to
1# we signed sagna for nothing and got the rb pissition covered for another couple of seasons Atleast
2#Signed Fernando and the midfield is covered to,Garcia improved immensely last season and now we've 4 solid options
3#Willy will give Hart a Hell of a time,u can be rest assured
All we need is a quality cb and we can afford to bide our time for a bit on it,its only July 9th for ffs
Plus if negredo our yahya leave,we will surely get enough from both Sales to buy good replacements :)

I'm no cynic said:
sam-caddick said:
I think we are making a mistake with Mangala, if he really wanted to come to City he would have signed by now.

On the other side of the coin we have one of the best central defenders in Europe looking like he is pushing for a move to come and join us and we have apparently agreed a £30m sale with Roma, yet we look to be stringing him along.

Most of Europe are after Benatia but we seem to have priced them out, how many clubs are after Mangala? I only see us being the primary club linked.
I've got misgivings too. A player who has been quoted as saying that Chelsea or United were his preferred destinations doesn't give me much confidence. Too many bog standard players have arrived over the years because we paid them to be here, no other reason, whereas a quality player like Benatia is busting a gut to get here, yet we seem to be allowing this whole business to drag on.

I think our Spanish emigoes know better than us lot at what there job is and what there doing,we haven't had a fuk up once since they took over,transfer window isn't shutting down next week so hold ure horses down
1# we signed sagna for nothing and got the rb pissition covered for another couple of seasons Atleast
2#Signed Fernando and the midfield is covered to,Garcia improved immensely last season and now we've 4 solid options
All we need is a quality cb and we can afford to bide our time for a bit on it,its only July 9th for ffs
Plus if negredo our yahya leave,we will surely get enough from both Sales to buy good replacements :)

Mate, its only my personal view so as always could be very wrong but I disagree this window has been a success....yes we have strengthened the squad but we also needed to improve the starting 11.....without filling the one area(CB) that could cost us the CL and the prem.....If that happened I would see it as a major opportunity missed, with the teams around us all improving there areas of need.....Signing Mangala or Benatia would make this go from an average offseason to a major success...you are right tho mate...still time to sort it out!;)

How we handle the Yaya situation and find a CB will really show how great our money guys really are....

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
I'm no cynic said:

Mate, its only my personal view so as always could be very wrong but I disagree this window has been a success....yes we have strengthened the squad but we also needed to improve the starting 11.....without filling the one area(CB) that could cost us the CL and the prem.....If that happened I would see it as a major opportunity missed, with the teams around us all improving there areas of need.....Signing Mangala or Benatia would make this go from an average offseason to a major success...you are right tho mate...still time to sort it out!;)

How long has window been open

grim up north said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

Since Jan, if you believe the Porto and Manchester press!;) Remember City boss saying all our work was done during the season?? hhmmmm...

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
grim up north said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

Since Jan, if you believe the Porto and Manchester press!;) Remember City boss saying all our work was done during the season?? hhmmmm...

And it hasn't?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.