Mehdi Benatia

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
I'm no cynic said:
I've got misgivings too. A player who has been quoted as saying that Chelsea or United were his preferred destinations doesn't give me much confidence. Too many bog standard players have arrived over the years because we paid them to be here, no other reason, whereas a quality player like Benatia is busting a gut to get here, yet we seem to be allowing this whole business to drag on.

I think our Spanish emigoes know better than us lot at what there job is and what there doing,we haven't had a fuk up once since they took over,transfer window isn't shutting down next week so hold ure horses down
This window is already a sucess and it will end up as a sucessful one to
1# we signed sagna for nothing and got the rb pissition covered for another couple of seasons Atleast
2#Signed Fernando and the midfield is covered to,Garcia improved immensely last season and now we've 4 solid options
3#Willy will give Hart a Hell of a time,u can be rest assured
All we need is a quality cb and we can afford to bide our time for a bit on it,its only July 9th for ffs
Plus if negredo our yahya leave,we will surely get enough from both Sales to buy good replacements :)

Mate, its only my personal view so as always could be very wrong but I disagree this window has been a success....yes we have strengthened the squad but we also needed to improve the starting 11.....without filling the one area(CB) that could cost us the CL and the prem.....If that happened I would see it as a major opportunity missed, with the teams around us all improving there areas of need.....Signing Mangala or Benatia would make this go from an average offseason to a major success...

I see it as a 3 stage process:
1) Filling in areas of the squad: RB, CB, GK
2) Improving the rotation/back up options in the squad: DM, CM
3) Improving the first team: ?

We have been partially successful in the first 2, as Sanga and Willy fill the RB & GK positions, and they also add great rotation option.
Fernando IMO is a vast improvement on our existing DM Garcia, so he improves the squad options.

We have not been able to fill the Center Back spot. IMO it will cover both case 1 and 3, in that it fills a place in our squad and also improves our first team.

Apart from that I feel we need a CM as Rodwell hasn't been able to cut it and Milner does not seem to be rated for that position by the manager. Maybe we might be able to do with Milner for a year.

Other than that, options like Sanchez, Di Maria, Vidal e.g. would improve the first squad and be regular starters, but I think regardless of our spending cap those options would only have been availed in case of outgoings (Negredo, yaya) etc.

If we keep Yaya (and he performs even if he is not happy), sign Benatia (or Mangala depending on who Txiki thinks is better), keep Rodwell fit or make sure Milner can put in a decent shift as a CM, then we'll have a very good window considering our restrictions.

bluechampion7891 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
I think our Spanish emigoes know better than us lot at what there job is and what there doing,we haven't had a fuk up once since they took over,transfer window isn't shutting down next week so hold ure horses down
This window is already a sucess and it will end up as a sucessful one to
1# we signed sagna for nothing and got the rb pissition covered for another couple of seasons Atleast
2#Signed Fernando and the midfield is covered to,Garcia improved immensely last season and now we've 4 solid options
3#Willy will give Hart a Hell of a time,u can be rest assured
All we need is a quality cb and we can afford to bide our time for a bit on it,its only July 9th for ffs
Plus if negredo our yahya leave,we will surely get enough from both Sales to buy good replacements :)

Mate, its only my personal view so as always could be very wrong but I disagree this window has been a success....yes we have strengthened the squad but we also needed to improve the starting 11.....without filling the one area(CB) that could cost us the CL and the prem.....If that happened I would see it as a major opportunity missed, with the teams around us all improving there areas of need.....Signing Mangala or Benatia would make this go from an average offseason to a major success...

I see it as a 3 stage process:
1) Filling in areas of the squad: RB, CB, GK
2) Improving the rotation/back up options in the squad: DM, CM
3) Improving the first team: ?

We have been partially successful in the first 2, as Sanga and Willy represent fill the RB & GK positions, and they also add great rotation option.
Fernando IMO is a vast improvement on our existing DM Garcia, so he improves the squad options.

We have not been able to fill the Center Back spot. IMO it will cover both case 1 and 3, in that it fills a place in our squad and also improves our first team.

Apart from that I feel we need a CM as Rodwell hasn't been able to cut it and Milner does not seem to be rated for that position by the manager. Maybe we might be able to do with Milner for a year.

Other than that, options like Sanchez, Di Maria, Vidal e.g. would improve the first squad and be regular starters, but I think regardless of our spending cap those options would only have been availed in case of outgoings (Negredo, yaya) etc.

If we keep Yaya (and he performs even if he is not happy), sign Benatia (or Mangala depending on who Txiki thinks is better), keep Rodwell fit or make sure Milner can put in a decent shift as a CM, then we'll have a very good window considering our restrictions.

Good points mate!;)

Great defensive performence by Argentina specially demicelis so we don't need another old pal like benetia (28), even mangala is left footed. so my vote on 4 year less mangala.

Sojib_citizen said:
Great defensive performence by Argentina specially demicelis so we don't need another old pal like benetia (28), even mangala is left footed. so my vote on 4 year less mangala.

hasn't benatia just turned 27?? also hes coming to the prime of his career and looks stellar! yes mangala has youth on his side but what happens if a: he doesn't want to come or b: he comes but fails to live up to his potential and flops??

waspish said:
We waiting on Mangala because he is younger and more importantly a left sided centre back
Are you sure he is not just waiting for an offer from Chelsea?

Jaxite said:
waspish said:
We waiting on Mangala because he is younger and more importantly a left sided centre back

I would not be too surprised if Bayern stepped in for Medhi Benatia whilst we are dilly-dallying about.

Very good chance that we will get neither Benatia or Mangala.

Jaxite said:
waspish said:

Maybe but with city waiting so long and after him for so long they must really feel he is the one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.