Mehdi Benatia

ColinLee said:
ElanJo said:
mosssideblue said:
OK - suposedly Benatia is keen to join City so why wont we sign him?? I'm also keen to join City and willing to give my annual bonus to make it happen, so why dont they sign me. Get real, we are chasing the best person for the job, based on the system we play not the one who wants to join who, as many have said, would not complement Vinnie as well as Mangala. Left Foot - Right Foot

Guess you missed the part where I mentioned Benatia being the superior CB...

Most of the best CB pairings in history have been right foot-right foot. It isn't exactly a big deal what foot you use
Surely that is because the majority of people are right sided compared to lefties? There's just more right/right pairings around.

Yep, but it's hardly been a detriment, that's my point

adrianr said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
mosssideblue said:
OK - suposedly Benatia is keen to join City so why wont we sign him?? I'm also keen to join City and willing to give my annual bonus to make it happen, so why dont they sign me. Get real, we are chasing the best person for the job, based on the system we play not the one who wants to join who, as many have said, would not complement Vinnie as well as Mangala. Left Foot - Right Foot

Just want to confirm something guys....Are we saying we shouldnt sign Benatia because he is "right footed"??? Last thing I heard he is comfortable with both feet.....whether he naturally right footed or not doesn't make any difference. Yes being left footed might come in handy but it alone would not stop Benatia fitting in right next to Kompany. Benatia is perfect for our system, he's proven he can do it, he is in his prime so ready to step in at CL level, will be cheaper and as an added bonus...he wants to be here strong enough that's he's willing to give up a 3mil bonus to make it happen.....Yes, Mangala has the talent and yes, either will make a massive impact on our team but should we keep hanging round for Mangala because Benatia is right footed....absolutely not!! Again guys...just my personal view so happy to put my white flag up if I'm wrong ;)......

People are mentioning the left/right foot thing but the issue is more than he's a right sided centre back, as is Kompany. If you're good enough, which both are, you can move over, but we would be forcing one of them to play out of their natural position. Mangala is left sided, Kompany won't have to move, and the defence (in theory) will be stronger for it.

I think the left side / right side thing is way overblown. Kompany plays right side for us, plays left side for Belgium. DeMichelis plays right side for us, left side for Argentina. Both were outstanding last season, both have been outstanding in the World Cup.

There is also the case that although Demicheles sometimes plays on the right, he is mostly played on the left side. Now, if we get Mangala and Demicheles leaves next year and Rekik comes in, that is three left footed, left sided CBs at the club. Unless one of Nastasic and Rekik are moved on

Shaelumstash said:
adrianr said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Just want to confirm something guys....Are we saying we shouldnt sign Benatia because he is "right footed"??? Last thing I heard he is comfortable with both feet.....whether he naturally right footed or not doesn't make any difference. Yes being left footed might come in handy but it alone would not stop Benatia fitting in right next to Kompany. Benatia is perfect for our system, he's proven he can do it, he is in his prime so ready to step in at CL level, will be cheaper and as an added bonus...he wants to be here strong enough that's he's willing to give up a 3mil bonus to make it happen.....Yes, Mangala has the talent and yes, either will make a massive impact on our team but should we keep hanging round for Mangala because Benatia is right footed....absolutely not!! Again guys...just my personal view so happy to put my white flag up if I'm wrong ;)......

People are mentioning the left/right foot thing but the issue is more than he's a right sided centre back, as is Kompany. If you're good enough, which both are, you can move over, but we would be forcing one of them to play out of their natural position. Mangala is left sided, Kompany won't have to move, and the defence (in theory) will be stronger for it.

I think the left side / right side thing is way overblown. Kompany plays right side for us, plays left side for Belgium. DeMichelis plays right side for us, left side for Argentina. Both were outstanding last season, both have been outstanding in the World Cup.

Correct. Although DeMichelis plays left for us and right for Argentina :)

Shaelumstash said:
adrianr said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

Kompany plays on the left for Belgium because VanBuyton is preferred over Vertongen or Vermaelin and can't play on the left. If Vetongen or Vermaelin played Kompany would go back to the right. Same with MDK. Garay can't play on the right, MDK can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.