Mehdi Benatia

So we've agreed a fee with Roma, have agreed terms with the player and he's willing to take a financial hit to make the move happen.

but we're waiting on an (atm) inferior defender who would prefer Chelsea because location is more important to him than the actual football bit. Why? because of age?

I'm guessing we hope Mangala will eventually take over from Kompany but it's a hell of a gamble when we have the best CB in Italy desperate to join us

Much rather have a player who would love to come to us, rather than someone who see's us as the last option.

kzFpqIf.jpg

razman said:
Hope this is sorted out before we go for the pre season to states

I hope so too mate....if not Roma have threatened to pull the plug on any deal and will keep him...reportedly, Roma getting fed up with City delaying things while they wait for Mangala....

Just Txiki sign this guy as he is killing to join us.. Mangala clearly doesn't want to come or he would have already signed. Also looks like Mangala is after more £, whilst Benatia is willing to give up his £3 million loyalty bonus. Fernandinho did the same and turned out not too bad..

This is from gazzetta,there was reports the other day,that the deadline was the 21st.

Twenty days at the most. It 's the limit you are given Mehdi Benatar and Rome to solve the node-sale. If by July 31, Manchester City have not submitted the right offer (40 million?), The Moroccan defender (who gave up 4 million bonus) will remain with the Giallorossi.

MeatHunterrr said:
Just Txiki sign this guy as he is killing to join us.. Mangala clearly doesn't want to come or he would have already signed. Also looks like Mangala is after more £, whilst Benatia is willing to give up his £3 million loyalty bonus. Fernandinho did the same and turned out not too bad..

You don't know if any of that is true. Who says he clearly doesn't wanna come? Do u think we'd be fucking around with him if he didn't want to? He's on holiday when he's back things will become more clear. City need a LCB (Mangala) not so much a RCB (Benatia) I'd like to keep Kompany in his preferred position.

ElanJo said:
So we've agreed a fee with Roma, have agreed terms with the player and he's willing to take a financial hit to make the move happen.

but we're waiting on an (atm) inferior defender who would prefer Chelsea because location is more important to him than the actual football bit. Why? because of age?

I'm guessing we hope Mangala will eventually take over from Kompany but it's a hell of a gamble when we have the best CB in Italy desperate to join us
Except that Mangala is left sided and Benatia is right sided. So Mangala is a much better fit for us regardless of how good Benatia was last season, playing on the right side of defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.