Mehdi Benatia

Benatar: ready to fly on tour
The Moroccan prevents the jerk but not change his mind: he wants Manchester City.

Training AS Roma at Trigoria
Other articles about ...
Categories (1)
Sport
It's the professional, meanwhile. It shows up every day at Trigoria to train his mighty muscles without waiting for the day of the meet, talk with Garcia, his collaborators and waits for news from the leaders.
After the 'shoot' public Benatar has changed tactics, but not his mind. In fact, to be honest not wait to go away from Rome because he feels betrayed by an offer of renewal judged unacceptable. From the time his agent is in question with Manchester City for a gig by 4 million euro net, but it serves the British find the agreement with the Giallorossi: Trigoria claims no less of 35-40 million.
Days go by, the contacts continue and is getting closer a given 'uncomfortable' means the 21 Roma left for the tour of the United States. Benatar had thought of disertarla, a resounding force that threatened to complicate the situation even more. But now, confronting these days with Garcia, promised that if that day is not yet sold, will go on the plane with his teammates. This does not at all exclude his farewell, even if back to work with classmates that you are very close, to feel again within a group that is hungry for victory could, perhaps, take him to something new in my head.

From Il Tempo, a Rome-based newspaper company.

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccerlens.com/mehdi-benatia-manchester-city-roma-monday/145379/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccerlens.com/mehdi-benatia-man ... ay/145379/</a>

Mehdi Benatia set to hold talks with Roma, desperately wants to leave club

The transfer situation regarding Chelsea target Mehdi Benatia is getting interesting with each passing day. After we reported yesterday that Roma have set Manchester City a deadline till the 21st of July to sign the defender, it now appears that the player is headed for crunch talks with the club on Monday.

The 27 year old is currently training alone and Gazzetta Dello Sport have reported today that they are in no hurry to sell the Moroccan. The Giallorossi are waiting for the right offer and it now appears that if by July 31, Manchester City do not offer €40m, the player might be kept against his wishes at the club.

Benatia is desperate to leave the Italian capital and it is reported by Repubblica that the Citizens are currently waiting for Porto to decrease their asking price for French defender Eliaquim Mangala.

If however the Portuguese club doesn’t reduce their asking price, the Citizens will definitely go ahead with the signing of Benatia. It is also believed that Matija Nastasic will not be a part of the deal as Roma want a full cash deal for their prized asset.

ElanJo said:
So we've agreed a fee with Roma, have agreed terms with the player and he's willing to take a financial hit to make the move happen.

but we're waiting on an (atm) inferior defender who would prefer Chelsea because location is more important to him than the actual football bit. Why? because of age?

I'm guessing we hope Mangala will eventually take over from Kompany but it's a hell of a gamble when we have the best CB in Italy desperate to join us

OK - suposedly Benatia is keen to join City so why wont we sign him?? I'm also keen to join City and willing to give my annual bonus to make it happen, so why dont they sign me. Get real, we are chasing the best person for the job, based on the system we play not the one who wants to join who, as many have said, would not complement Vinnie as well as Mangala. Left Foot - Right Foot

mosssideblue said:
ElanJo said:
So we've agreed a fee with Roma, have agreed terms with the player and he's willing to take a financial hit to make the move happen.

but we're waiting on an (atm) inferior defender who would prefer Chelsea because location is more important to him than the actual football bit. Why? because of age?

I'm guessing we hope Mangala will eventually take over from Kompany but it's a hell of a gamble when we have the best CB in Italy desperate to join us

OK - suposedly Benatia is keen to join City so why wont we sign him?? I'm also keen to join City and willing to give my annual bonus to make it happen, so why dont they sign me. Get real, we are chasing the best person for the job, based on the system we play not the one who wants to join who, as many have said, would not complement Vinnie as well as Mangala. Left Foot - Right Foot

Just want to confirm something guys....Are we saying we shouldnt sign Benatia because he is "right footed"??? Last thing I heard he is comfortable with both feet.....whether he naturally right footed or not doesn't make any difference. Yes being left footed might come in handy but it alone would not stop Benatia fitting in right next to Kompany. Benatia is perfect for our system, he's proven he can do it, he is in his prime so ready to step in at CL level, will be cheaper and as an added bonus...he wants to be here strong enough that's he's willing to give up a 3mil bonus to make it happen.....Yes, Mangala has the talent and yes, either will make a massive impact on our team but should we keep hanging round for Mangala because Benatia is right footed....absolutely not!! Again guys...just my personal view so happy to put my white flag up if I'm wrong ;)......

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
mosssideblue said:
ElanJo said:

Just want to confirm something guys....Are we saying we shouldnt sign Benatia because he is "right footed"??? Last thing I heard he is comfortable with both feet.....whether he naturally right footed or not doesn't make any difference. Yes being left footed might come in handy but it alone would not stop Benatia fitting in right next to Kompany. Benatia is perfect for our system, he's proven he can do it, he is in his prime so ready to step in at CL level, will be cheaper and as an added bonus...he wants to be here strong enough that's he's willing to give up a 3mil bonus to make it happen.....Yes, Mangala has the talent and yes, either will make a massive impact on our team but should we keep hanging round for Mangala because Benatia is right footed....absolutely not!! Again guys...just my personal view so happy to put my white flag up if I'm wrong ;)......

People are mentioning the left/right foot thing but the issue is more than he's a right sided centre back, as is Kompany. If you're good enough, which both are, you can move over, but we would be forcing one of them to play out of their natural position. Mangala is left sided, Kompany won't have to move, and the defence (in theory) will be stronger for it.

Benatia is definitely the better player technically, its just whether we need this type of defender. He is more like Kompany (front foot defender, excellent composure, reads the game well, intercepts, and can carry the ball into midfield). Mangala also technically sound but less so than Benatia and more strength and good in the air.

II all depends on what Pellegrini wants to do with the back line. If we wants two technically gifted front foot defenders playing a relatively high line then Kompany/Benatia (with MDM as back up) would work.

The right foot/left foot doesnt matter as shown with MDM's form in the title run in.

Personally, I prefer Benatia as a player but from the clubs perspective Mangala is younger. My only concern now is it is clear to Benatia he is the 2nd choice target.

I can't shake off the feeling that Benatia will end up staying at Roma or going somewhere else and Mangala then saying no after us waiting so long. Would be typical considering previous years with CB's.

mosssideblue said:
ElanJo said:

Guess you missed the part where I mentioned Benatia being the superior CB...

Most of the best CB pairings in history have been right foot-right foot. It isn't exactly a big deal what foot you use

ElanJo said:
mosssideblue said:
ElanJo said:

Most of the best CB pairings in history have been right foot-right foot. It isn't exactly a big deal what foot you use
Surely that is because the majority of people are right sided compared to lefties? There's just more right/right pairings around.

ElanJo said:
mosssideblue said:
ElanJo said:

We didn't do too badly with a VK-MDM pairing, nor a MDM-JL or VK-JL pairing either. This right foot-left foot argument is nonsense if the CBs are two-footed, as VK and MDM are, whereas JL wasn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.