Mehdi Benatia

apologies if already posted from SSN - can't see it anywhere
Transfer news: Rudi Garcia firm over future of Roma's Mehdi Benatia
By Patrick Haond | Last Updated: 21/05/14 10:56am

The Morocco international joined Roma from Udinese last season and is now rated as one of the best defenders in Serie A after a sterling campaign.
Barcelona and Manchester City are widely reported to be competing to sign the 27-year-old, who is valued at over £30million.
However, Garcia insists that Roma are not looking to let Benatia leave, telling L'Equipe: "I hope we will be able to keep our best players.
"The extension for Miralem Pjanic is a strong signal: we want to keep our group and reinforce it.
"Mehdi Benatia has four years remaining on his contract and has no option to leave. So he will remain a Roma player next term.
"The fact clubs are attracted to him is logical considering this season.
"Our objective this summer is to not add to the wage bill, but logically we should not need to sell.
"We have to have the means to go on being in competition with Juventus and be good in the Champions League."

Garcia was also asked about his own future at Roma, given he has just one year left on his current deal.
"I will remain here next season. The team will be on tour in the USA next week, where our main sponsor is and we will find time to talk.
"There is no emergency, I am under contract (until 2015). I have faith in the club's project and I am fine here. I want to stay."

MillionDollarDream said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Forzacitizens said:
The Ever reliable di marzio is saying we've made contact with his entourage but Roma won't let him go without a substantial offer

The question is what us a substantial offer £25m, £30m more?

I think they paid £13m for him last year so they are likely to make a substantial profit

£30-40M
Maybe if you change that to Euros.

£25 million - rising to £30 million in add-ons.

That would be enough IMO.

He's 27 and was signed last summer for £13 million.

Talk of £40 million is a bit crazy, Roma would be delighted with the above deal.

Great business for all parties.

I wonder whether Roma would be interested in Garcia. The slow pace of Serie A would suit him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-italia.net/49464/benatia-agent-meet-barca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-italia.net/49464/be ... meet-barca</a>

I suspect that he may well stay in Rome if a decent uplift in his pay is offered.

Get this lad in, bring rekik into the fold as get whatever we can for nastasic...cb sorted for years to come

I think our main target will still be Mangala. This guy is 4 years older and seems like he will cost just as much as Mangala , if not more.

I don't think convincing the player will be the problem, convincing Roma to sell him for a fee that isn't insane is more likely to be the problem

Ah well, we can't compete with that. On to the next target..

1q5to5.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.