Mehdi Benatia

sam-caddick said:
[*]
TrueBlue1705 said:
sam-caddick said:
Makes you think he would be open to a move if those comments of his are true.

I don't think Roma would want to sell because they are in the Champions League and only a big offer would possibly tempt them.

I still think Roma would want a player of us and I bet it would be either Nastasic or Kolarov.

Kolarov

I don't want it to be Kolarov, this season he has been one of the best left backs in European Football and his assists prove that.

It will be Nastasic in my opinion as I think we will bring Rekik back.

If Nastasic, we could put in a buy back clause, should he progress into the player we hoped he would be.

If Kolarov, then I'd be looking at bringing in Ashley Cole to rotate with Clichy.

This summer could be like a merry-go-round.

yellamcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
[*]
TrueBlue1705 said:

I don't want it to be Kolarov, this season he has been one of the best left backs in European Football and his assists prove that.

If Nastasic, we could put in a buy back clause, should he progress into the player we hoped he would be.

If Kolarov, then I'd be looking at bringing in Ashley Cole to rotate with Clichy.

Clichy and Cole as left back options, where would the attacking intent come from?

Kolarov had around 7-10 assists this season, we won't get that from Cole.

Under Pellegrini our fullbacks need to be full on attack.

sam-caddick said:
teddykgb said:
I have a very good friend who is Moroccan and he echoed what was said earlier about Moroccan kids choosing between Madrid and Barca...I think we'd have a hard time winning in from Barca if they're really interested.

He is French and born in Courcouronnes and plays for Morocco because his Father is Morocccon so I don't buy all that Barca and Madrid nonsense.

We are a top notch and attractive club to join and if its true that Nasri is one o his best mates then I think we stand a good chance.

We are willing to triple his wages by some accounts.

There are a lot of unknowns in this one, if Barca go for Maquinhos instead of Benatia we might have a clearer run at him. I could only see Bayern get involved if Martinez or Dante is sold

Di Marzio, who is as reliable as they get, says Marquinhos could be going to Barca and Ranocchia could be going to Bayern. If those happened, neither would sign Benatia unless Barca plan to spend £50m+ on two centre-backs.

LoveCity said:
Di Marzio, who is as reliable as they get, says Marquinhos could be going to Barca and Ranocchia could be going to Bayern. If those happened, neither would sign Benatia unless Barca plan to spend £50m+ on two centre-backs.

The funny thing is they need to. Not saying they will but Barça are one of the few elite teams in the world that really do require that sort of investment in their defence.

LoveCity said:

With Luiz on the way out, wouldn't Chelsea be in the market for a centre back like Benatia?

skybluecelt1990 said:
LoveCity said:

With Luiz on the way out, wouldn't Chelsea be in the market for a centre back like Benatia?

Chelsea already signed Kurt Zouma in January and could bring him back, but I guess it's possible they could sign another. But they have Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Ivanovic (plays right-back but also very good at centre-back) and two quality u21 centre-back Kalas and Christensen on the books already. Maureen seemed to use Luiz more as a central midfielder than central defender late last season.

sam-caddick said:
yellamcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
[*]

Clichy and Cole as left back options, where would the attacking intent come from?

Kolarov had around 7-10 assists this season, we won't get that from Cole.

Under Pellegrini our fullbacks need to be full on attack.

Cole isn't bad at getting forward, under Mourinho however, I doubt he was given much opportunity.

He's certainly better than Clichy.

I very much doubt we'd let Kolarov go anyway, after the season he's just had, it'd be more likely to be Nasty.

LoveCity said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
LoveCity said:

Chelsea already signed Kurt Zouma in January and could bring him back, but I guess it's possible they could sign another. But they have Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Ivanovic (plays right-back but also very good at centre-back) and two quality u21 centre-back Kalas and Christensen on the books already. Maureen seemed to use Luiz more as a central midfielder than central defender late last season.

Yea looks like their plan is to ride out Terry/Cahill for another year and to bring in Zouma to rest Terry, they won't be looking to so end again on a "top" CB at least in this window. So if all the PSG/Barça/Bayern moves happen we can get Benatia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.