Mehdi Benatia

I have watched the interview and listened to when he said this...

It will be hard to turn down offers from big clubs like Barca, Bayern and Manchester City at the age of 27

Maybe I am looking into this too much but when he was listing the 3 dream teams, he said it in the above order with Barca and Bayern off the tongue but took a pause and "erred" for 2 seconds when saying City...

Just get a bad feeling that we may miss out on him... Nasri play an important role if we do get him!

SuperSilva said:
cmdub said:
lot of roma fans are furious on twitter and want him gone ASAP. comments pretty much guarantee he'll leave just a matter of to who. barca are back in for marquinhos because psg are supposedly bringing in david luiz.

Bingo... that is the decider.

Benatia said Barca, Bayern and Man City... I personally believe he has offers from all 3 clubs as he didn't mentioned Real, Chelsea etc. (the psychology of giving an interview or whatever that shit is!)

IF, as cmdub has said, Barca are really back in for Marquinhos as PSG want to replace him with David Luiz then I see us as favourites for Benatia.

Anybody know what the new Barca coach's playing style is like... will give us an idea as to if he really is after Marquinhos or Benatia as they are 2 different playing CBs

Barca arguably need both to be honest!

Really hope this doesn't end up in a straight shoot out between us and Barca. We've not exactly fared well against the Spanish giants for players and I doubt this would end any differently, and our transfer limit/wage limit pretty much kills our main advantage. Unless he has a particular passion for the premier league.

I'm surprised this thread isn't more active tbh. Benatia was the best defender in Serie A this season, and is one of the best centre backs in Europe.

I have a very good friend who is Moroccan and he echoed what was said earlier about Moroccan kids choosing between Madrid and Barca...I think we'd have a hard time winning in from Barca if they're really interested.

Kladze said:
I'm surprised this thread isn't more active tbh. Benatia was the best defender in Serie A this season, and is one of the best centre backs in Europe.

Yes i agree.
I think with Mangala being flavour of the month people may think Benatia is a second choice option or something so they arent as excited.

I think he would an excellent signing. Him and Vinny are a both at the right age and can be a strong partnership for 4/5 years.

He also wants to come to us which is nice.

Hope he signs.

I wanted Hummels to be honest but Benitia is still top notch and hope he signs. Just a shame he will always go missing mid seasons when its African Cup time.

teddykgb said:
I have a very good friend who is Moroccan and he echoed what was said earlier about Moroccan kids choosing between Madrid and Barca...I think we'd have a hard time winning in from Barca if they're really interested.

He is French and born in Courcouronnes and plays for Morocco because his Father is Morocccon so I don't buy all that Barca and Madrid nonsense.

We are a top notch and attractive club to join and if its true that Nasri is one o his best mates then I think we stand a good chance.

We are willing to triple his wages by some accounts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.