Mehdi Benatia

LoveCity said:
Yates said:
Barca bound, they never miss out on their man.

They missed out on Thiago Silva, Ronaldo and Kaka (the last two confirmed by former president Laporta).

And it's not even confirmed yet they want Benatia after signing Marquinhos. Maybe they do, but we'll see... they need reinforcements in other areas like midfield and up front.

Someone suggested they will play Marquinhos at right-back. I'm not sure and haven't seen that suggestion anywhere else, but I would have thought they'd want an attacking right-back like Cuadrado to replace Alves. If they play Marquinhos in his proper position they have Pique, Marquinhos and Bartra which is a good set of CBs (+ Mascherano if he stays) and Benatia might not be needed.

Mundo deportivo have quoted a story from "France football",saying benatia's agent was in Spain talking to barca..
Mundo deportivo does go on to say his future will be in England.......€40 million.

MillionDollarDream said:
From ESPNFC.com
Benatia's talk of 'dreams' disrespectful to Roma
Posted by Julian De Martinis

Earlier this week, Roma’s general manager Mauro Baldissoni stated that the club “has no plans to sell our best players.” Rudi Garcia echoed that sentiment days later, stating that, “This summer we are not in a position where we need to sell,” intimating that the departures of Erik Lamela, Marquinhos and Pablo Osvaldo were motivated by the need of the club to gain capital without entry into Europe.

The Roma coach added that Mehdi Benatia has another four years on his contract and no release clause, stating that the centre-back will be at the club next season. With Roma directly qualifying for the Champions League group stage, and finishing second in Serie A this season, it would seem that there is less of a need to raise cash, and the club can promise trophy ambitions to both current and any incoming players.

Fuck me, if Roma's upset about this they should try the Yaya Toure experience :)

I'd be very excited to get Benatia. I think we'd have quite the CB pairing and that would go a long way to helping us be more solid both domestically and in Europe. I hope the club is really working on this. I feel the club has had a lot of success with this kind of player who has proven his class at another club but needs to come to our club to really make that next level jump

I would love to see Benatia pair'd with Vinnie rather than with Mangala. Even though mangalas statement over the city of Manchester and London i still Think that 35m £ is ALOT of Money for a defender. Benatia has Been Amazing in Roma this season and keeping them going strong.

The players i want in this season are: Fernando, Zuculini, Benatia, Sagna.

Motivation: Fernando will do what Garcia did for Yaya and Ferna, letting them play more forward and keep the balance perfect.
Zuculini has been Amazing this season in the argentine-league and still goes for a cheap 1,5m£
Benatia doenst need a motivation, he is just awesome. Would be cool to see him reunite with is BEST FRIEND Sami :)
Sagna is free and has ALOT of experience and can play as RB;LB and CB and he Counts as an homegrown-player.

WHat do you guys Think?

Llandegren said:
I would love to see Benatia pair'd with Vinnie rather than with Mangala. Even though mangalas statement over the city of Manchester and London i still Think that 35m £ is ALOT of Money for a defender. Benatia has Been Amazing in Roma this season and keeping them going strong.

The players i want in this season are: Fernando, Zuculini, Benatia, Sagna.

Motivation: Fernando will do what Garcia did for Yaya and Ferna, letting them play more forward and keep the balance perfect.
Zuculini has been Amazing this season in the argentine-league and still goes for a cheap 1,5m£
Benatia doenst need a motivation, he is just awesome. Would be cool to see him reunite with is BEST FRIEND Sami :)
Sagna is free and has ALOT of experience and can play as RB;LB and CB and he Counts as an homegrown-player.

WHat do you guys Think?

Unfortunately Sagna is not homegrown, otherwise I agree with you, however I would like to see us throw a suprise in there but with FFP restrictions we would more than likely have to sell an asset to buy an asset

According to Sky sports: Sagna has declined renewal of an Arsenal deal and will be leaving.

Deal done for CIty?

Kun Aguero said:
Not had the chance to come on as much recently, is Mangala or this feller more likely?

No one knows for sure really but they way the chips are falling we will end up with 1 or the other, slim chance we'll miss out on both I think.

Only thing is Barça can move Marquinhos to RB and still buy Benatia. They want to move Mascherano to DM and get rid of Alex Song. CHelsea with all the money can get Mangala as well.

Particularly the other teams with pending sanctions like the PSG's and Barça's are spending without a care while we are being careful and we could end up being too careful. The 2012 window is still fairly fresh.

Roma will(allegedly) ask in the region of €40M which could scare Barça. When would then have to assess if we want to spend big on Benatia or Mangala.

<a class="postlink" href="http://romanews.eu/it,a128897/Ag-Benatia-Interesse-Grandi-Club-Da-Gennaio-Ma-Mehdi-Vuole-Restare-Roma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://romanews.eu/it,a128897/Ag-Benati ... stare-Roma</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/tFYCgY3dfz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/tFYCgY3dfz</a>

LoveCity said:
Yates said:
Barca bound, they never miss out on their man.

They missed out on Thiago Silva, Ronaldo and Kaka (the last two confirmed by former president Laporta).

And it's not even confirmed yet they want Benatia after signing Marquinhos. Maybe they do, but we'll see... they need reinforcements in other areas like midfield and up front.

Someone suggested they will play Marquinhos at right-back. I'm not sure and haven't seen that suggestion anywhere else, but I would have thought they'd want an attacking right-back like Cuadrado to replace Alves. If they play Marquinhos in his proper position they have Pique, Marquinhos and Bartra which is a good set of CBs (+ Mascherano if he stays) and Benatia might not be needed.

Ronaldo was always Real bound, never knew about Kaka though!

I just feel if Barca are 100% after him, they'll get him. I'd like nothing more than to see this guy partner Vinnie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.