Mehdi Benatia

Di Marzio is saying that Benatia is really interested in City but Roma are making it really difficult, sounds like they might not be prepared to sell

LoveCity said:
Di Marzio says Roma won't even *consider* selling him and are ignoring offers. May require the player to force the issue...

Was looking a little straightforward there for a minute.. Glad we're back on track.

Good for Roma. I'd like to have him join us but they don't need to be a selling club. Good on them not giving in to player power.

Forzacitizens said:
Di Marzio is saying that Benatia is really interested in City but Roma are making it really difficult, sounds like they might not be prepared to sell

If 40m euros gets put on the table I would like to see their stance then.

You can see Roma's point of view though as they have just become a force in Italy again and are back in the Champions League, they don't want to be selling their best players.

LoveCity said:
Di Marzio says Roma won't even *consider* selling him and are ignoring offers. May require the player to force the issue...

Haha,its never easy where we're concerned......

If a player really wants to leave and has made his reasons public then I don't see why the club would stand in their way,understandably,its purely tactical in terms of an inflated fee.On the downside we have less time pre season to prepare.

nothing new wait and see until the end of the transfer period

could be again with demichelis-Kompany-Nastasic-Boyata :) anything could happen

Andouble said:
Good for Roma. I'd like to have him join us but they don't need to be a selling club. Good on them not giving in to player power.

Or reneging on a promise depending on who you believe.

the full text from DiMarzio

"Mehdi Benatia is one of the hottest names on the transfer market. The statements made by the Moroccan defender have increased the transfer rumors, but Roma has no intention of selling him. Manchester City is certainly interested, and they have taken concrete steps to acquire him but Roma doesn’t even want to begin a negotiating with the English club. On Saturday Roma sporting director Sabatini will do a press conference to clarify the situation, he has no intention of getting in a debate through the media with one of his key players. Roma is making their intentions known, they don not want to sell Benatia."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.