Mehdi Benatia

Sounds like some good reports on him. I've never seen him play but I think Mangala looks like potentially very expensive mistake waiting to happen. He looks clumsy on the ball to me, and all power and pace, bit of a Chris Samba.

To those saying we need a left sided centre back, Vinny played there when partnering Kolo and was absolutely superb.

Do Roma play a high line? If not, why not just stick Nastasic in instead of this guy having to learn the high line?

TheProdigy2k9 said:
Do Roma play a high line? If not, why not just stick Nastasic in instead of this guy having to learn the high line?

Did Kompany play a high line at Hamburg? If they're good enough they'll learn, same with Nasty.

FantasyIreland said:
pudge & rodge said:
Benatia eyes Roma pay-riseBenatia eyes Roma pay-rise

Mehdi Benatia is reportedly looking to open contract talks with Roma soon to more than double his current salary.

The Moroccan has enjoyed a strong first season in the capital and has reportedly attracted the attention of a number of clubs in Europe.

Subsequently, the 27-year-old is seen by the Gazzetta dello Sport has apparently now making noises of a desire to boost his earnings with the Giallorossi.

Currently on a mid-level deal paying €1.25m net per season, Benatia is reportedly angling for a pay increase up to €2.8m.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-italia.net/49230/benatia-eyes-roma-pay-rise" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-italia.net/49230/be ... a-pay-rise</a>

Hmmmm,the cynicism is strong in this one..... however,its a probable scenario,the lads entering his peak,he wants to make hay.Whether that is in Italy or here remains to be seen.

Perhaps City are also playing games. Leaking this story so that Mangala feels he has to decide sooner rather than later?

TheProdigy2k9 said:

Yes, often playing a 2-8-0 leaving him and Castan exposed. He's a much better player than Mangala who reminds me of Smalling but with a few more goals from corners.

If we're dead set on bringing in another centre back I wonder what will happen to Rekik?

We'd have Benatia/Mangala, Kompany, Nastasic, Boyata, Demichelis and Rekik. Watching the the game yesterday the commentators suggested the club view Boyata as a real talent that we are looking to keep.

citysince88 said:
If we're dead set on bringing in another centre back I wonder what will happen to Rekik?

We'd have Benatia/Mangala, Kompany, Nastasic, Boyata, Demichelis and Rekik. Watching the the game yesterday the commentators suggested the club view Boyata as a real talent that we are looking to keep.

Maybe he's really good at karaoke or something. I haven't seen anything on the pitch to suggest he'd be a better option than Mangala or Benatia. Or Demichelis & Nasty for that matter.

Jack Wills said:
citysince88 said:

Maybe he's really good at karaoke or something. I haven't seen anything on the pitch to suggest he'd be a better option than Mangala or Benatia. Or Demichelis & Nasty for that matter.

Boyata ain't good enough, thats the harsh truth. Rekik is the real deal though, he's had a great year at PSV and has earned himself a World Cup call.

citysince88 said:

rekik has already said he'd like to spend another season on loan.

In the videos I have watched of Rekik last year he was playing the left sided centre half position. Is he a centre half or left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.