Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

aguero93:20 said:
marn11 said:
G'day guys,

Obviously another Melbourne Heart/City fan here.

First off, just wanted to say I've loved your input on our forums. You're all welcome, so post away, has been good hearing from you all.

Secondly, for me it feels like I've one the lottery at the minute. As a fan base we've been crying out for an owner with ambition for some time now, so these latest developments have exceeded even my greatest hopes and I haven't wiped the smile from my face since the announcement.

But my main reason for coming on here is to ask "why". Why pump all this money into your club, and in turn, mine? What is the Sheikh's motives? Surely he has no hope of making money on such ventures, and as has been said before, he is clearly a very capable businessman, so it intrigues me as to what he gets out of it. I figured this would be the best place to ask.

By the sounds of it there will be a few of you make the trip over when the team comes preseason. Make sure you get to the Imperial and have a beer or 10 with us, we'd love to see you there.

Cheers
Cant go into anything too long winded now, but by association with our club and yours, through success, he gains prestige that will raise the profitability of his other businesses and enterprise.
Over in Melbourne for a family wedding next year, i'll make sure to make it to a game!

Not also that but he is already insanely minted and appears to be a big footie fan so isn't necessarily in it to make money directly from the club(s). It ties in with legacy building an all that as well and a worldwide profile for him, his country and other businesses. - That is my take on it anyway but his intentions are good willed!

dario2739 said:
I can understand the Heart fans not wanting a colour change - I hate that Cardiff have done it... however all our City 'franchises' have to be sky blue... it's that or nothing for me. So it's up to you Hearts fans - come on board with everything... colour and name change... and the sheikh will make you the best team in Oz.

Sorry but you have already taken your name, by taking away our colours, you will get rid of what little remains on our Melbourne heart. I repeat, we do not want to be your pet, playing in the same colours and under the same name on the other side of the world.

Melbourne us red and white, come on you hearts!

TrueToTheHeart said:
dario2739 said:
I can understand the Heart fans not wanting a colour change - I hate that Cardiff have done it... however all our City 'franchises' have to be sky blue... it's that or nothing for me. So it's up to you Hearts fans - come on board with everything... colour and name change... and the sheikh will make you the best team in Oz.

Sorry but you have already taken your name, by taking away our colours, you will get rid of what little remains on our Melbourne heart. I repeat, we do not want to be your pet, playing in the same colours and under the same name on the other side of the world.

Has anyone said they're going to change the colours? I'd be very surprised if the owners did that. You're only 4 years old as a club FFS. Stop being a drama queen.

TrueToTheHeart said:
dario2739 said:

I hope we change it to bright fucking pink.

Bay17 said:
sorry for the confusion about the fence banner, but yeah something that connects the clubs, something that we can hang (hopefully) at both the stadiums. Approx. 80cm tall and however wide you like. If someone wants to design one, hit me up at HeartAwayDays@gmail.com

also if you would like to contribute to our logo designs, please feel free to make some and post them here - <a class="postlink" href="http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2522-melbourne-city-logo-design-thread/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2522-me ... gn-thread/</a>

Also i think ill be on this forum a lot more now! You guys have really turned me into a Manchester City fan (never really liked any EPL club prior)
In Oz, all we hear about is united and their fans being fair weather supporters, but you guys seem great. Anyway cheers and ill be a regular ;)
why does it take more than an hour for my posts to show up?

Bay17 said:
Bay17 said:
sorry for the confusion about the fence banner, but yeah something that connects the clubs, something that we can hang (hopefully) at both the stadiums. Approx. 80cm tall and however wide you like. If someone wants to design one, hit me up at HeartAwayDays@gmail.com

also if you would like to contribute to our logo designs, please feel free to make some and post them here - <a class="postlink" href="http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2522-melbourne-city-logo-design-thread/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2522-me ... gn-thread/</a>

Also i think ill be on this forum a lot more now! You guys have really turned me into a Manchester City fan (never really liked any EPL club prior)
In Oz, all we hear about is united and their fans being fair weather supporters, but you guys seem great. Anyway cheers and ill be a regular ;)
why does it take more than an hour for my posts to show up?
It's a fucking long way from Oz to Bluemoon Tower. They take a while to get here.

imonyarraside said:

Think that's a pretty fair effort. Home kit looks good. Quartering is unusual in football, so that'll make you stand out. I'd lose the stylized blue heart in the middle of the Cross of St. George though, or replace it with the classic heart shape known universally and recognizable at a distance / when reduced.

Who can we partner with in Argentina? Racing for me.

The current heart design is pretty bad btw, it's got to go...inspired by?
250px-Autobot_symbol.png
MelbournHeartLogo.png

imonyarraside said:

Wow well done. The home kit I'd actually prefer red and white stripes (I'm a long time Atletico Madrid admirer) as long as the shorts and socks aren't red (or black). The away kit is cool and that third kit is gorgeous!

The badge is cool as well!

I think it'd be good of us to let the Melbourne fans submit logo and kit designs for one to be chosen if we give them some guidelines. Would be a nice gesture!

If anyone is interested, have a look at this: <a class="postlink" href="http://membership.mhfc.com.au/packages/international" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://membership.mhfc.com.au/packages/international</a> Help us out a bit ;) and we'll try and return the favour

imonyarraside said:
That's a great effort mate, love the third kit!

May I ask where you got that template from (if you use one that is) ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.