Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

moomba said:
Would blues be happy to have red and white stripes as an away kit next season I wonder? Show it's not all a one way street.
better than that bobbins black one ;) it'd have to have very little red though.

aguero93:20 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Hate to come across as negative, but all this "Melbourne heart play in red and white and will never change" rings a bit hollow if the club is four years old. Otherwise, I hope this works out for both parties.

I also hope city know what they are doing with these franchises. I guess the bottom line is that there's only a real chance of success if city are one of the most glamourous clubs in the world. That will do me.
tbh DD, all the blues telling them they'll have to change their colours when they've no idea if they will or not rings a bit hollow too :D

Our fantastic owners told us from the outset that they were going to make us the biggest club in the world... they bought NYCFC and told us of the global vision - our global Brand... and the thing about a brand is it is instantly recognisable... MacDonalds for example is the same worldwide, so regardless of our comments on here, I think it's a 100% certainty that every franchised club we buy will be named 'City' and wear sky blue.

Kun Aguero said:
Playing some on BT Sports 1 tomorrow morning at half 6.

Is that when the programme starts, or actually kick-off?

Falastur said:
Kun Aguero said:
Playing some on BT Sports 1 tomorrow morning at half 6.

Is that when the programme starts, or actually kick-off?

It's BT Sports 2 in fact, I'd assume it's half 6 as the programs only on till half 8. Playing Wellington.

dario2739 said:
aguero93:20 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Hate to come across as negative, but all this "Melbourne heart play in red and white and will never change" rings a bit hollow if the club is four years old. Otherwise, I hope this works out for both parties.

I also hope city know what they are doing with these franchises. I guess the bottom line is that there's only a real chance of success if city are one of the most glamourous clubs in the world. That will do me.
tbh DD, all the blues telling them they'll have to change their colours when they've no idea if they will or not rings a bit hollow too :D

Our fantastic owners told us from the outset that they were going to make us the biggest club in the world... they bought NYCFC and told us of the global vision - our global Brand... and the thing about a brand is it is instantly recognisable... MacDonalds for example is the same worldwide, so regardless of our comments on here, I think it's a 100% certainty that every franchised club we buy will be named 'City' and wear sky blue.
Dont think its a certainty, their rivals play in dark shade of blue and sydney are nicknamed the sky blues. In an already crowded market like Melbourne I don't think it would be a good antagonise the already small supporter base that the club already has. The colour scheme will be more like what Kun has posted imo.

Hi guys. I am a Heart fan and have been with them since their very first trial match. Have not had a chance to go through this thread yet, but very interested to see how the news of our club being bought out has been received.

Any questions fire away.

Didsbury Dave said:

The point of all this is clear if you look at a traditional map of the world with the Americas on the left and Australasia on the right. Smack dab in the middle is the Persian Gulf. The UAE (and particularly Abu Dhabi) sees itself as a stable and prosperous hub to do business in, wherever you are in the world. Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia are all within relatively easy reach.

As China and other parts of S.E. Asia, India, Russia and some African countries get more prosperous the opportunities for a hub like Abu Dhabi, and its key businesses, become greater. As Manchester City become more successful, more people are aware of Abu Dhabi and Etihad. If the New York team does well, there'll be a window from a country where they already invest heavily and own a lot but are little known. The insularity of Americans means they're currently just "Arabs" and lumped in with the people they fought in Iraq and who flew planes into the twin towers.

It wouldn't surprise me if we bought an African club, a Chinese one and a South American one in the next few years.

The brand is 'City' rather than the colour we play in isn't it. Although implied by a basic logo at the press conferences, nowhere have Ferran or anyone said what colour NYCFC will play in. I know they've only been playing 4 years but they're obviously attached to their colours and I'd hate to impose us onto them.

Whether they play in Red or Blue - it won't make me support them or buy their merchandise, but it might drive some of their own fans away. When they currently have 10,000 turning up, its not a great idea to turn 8,000 of that away. I couldn't care less what colour they're playing in and I suspect that would be a view held by the majority of us. I won't be watching their game at 6am tomorrow and I wont be paying a couple of grand to see our reserves play them in May.

Good luck to them though. We know how lucky they could end up being.

Maybe each 'City' in each continent could play in different colours. The City Football Group would then be represented similarly to the Olympic Rings.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.