Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: Melbourne Heart FC Thread

BlueTG said:
Read a report that David Villa has been linked with them??

He's supposedly on the verge of signing a deal with NYCFC (though we've all heard of players "about to sign" who don't, so who knows?) No-one seems to be able to make up their minds on what he will do in the 6 months between now and when NYCFC will start training. Some say he'll go to Melbourne to play as a guest player. Some say he'll be loaned to Atletico for 6 months. Some even say he'll be loaned to City, or will at least train with us. Frankly, who knows?

SrilankanBlue said:
Looks like CFG wasn't properly briefed on the situation surrounding the Club and the league it looks like a very complicated situation and the fans are deadset against the colour change looking at that forum. Wish we had bought Sydney somehow, would've been so much less complicated

'Sydney City' just sounds so wrong IMVHO.

momo88 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
TonyM said:
I still can't understand the high horse attitude of the Melbourne club to the colour and name. They have been in existence for 5 years. Do they understand football at all? Crazy.
I can understand it, there fans don't want just want to be a Manchester city spin off, they want their own identity.

They've been supporting a club since its existence, then a prem club buys them out and changes everything about the club. I would be pretty pissed to.

seems to me a lot don't give a shit about colors some of are those united watcher in australia and now are moaning because of the sky blue color

but the club it self still less than 5 years of existence so or this shit history is talking is just way of bitching about City destroying football :)

Having been on their forums for 4 months now, I can't agree with this at all. I think I know of one United fan on that forum, at least who has identified themselves. I don't know what you've read to give you the idea they didn't care about their colours before, because there's not a single thing to suggest that. Before we came along, they had no reason to question whether they would ever stop wearing red & white. Otherwise, they've always been utterly committed to it. I'd say there's probably only 10% of them on that forum who would be willing to accept the change without concerns, and that's not including separating those who would welcome the change from those who simply will accept whatever happens.

I'm getting really sick of the whole "they've not got any history so why do they care about the colours" argument, too - partly because it's already been answered dozens of times now, including on the previous page of this thread. Why should four years (it's four, not five, FYI) not be long enough to become attached to a colour? Because we changed our colours when we were a new club? Very poor justification - when we changed our colours it was still the 19th century and football was barely a recognised sport. Clubs didn't know what identity was then. By the same logic, should we argue that Ukraine should have no right to resist Russia annexing its territory because it doesn't have the history to say that they think they have the right to keep control of their country? All that matters is that the Heart fans feel attached to the red and white and it forms their identity. Bear in mind that this is a team who have spent their entire existence being told that Victory are the "true" Melbourne club and that they should give up the foolish notion of supporting a weaker club - isn't that exactly what we were told about the scum for so long? How would we all react if Mansour had come in promising to change everything, and then had done so by turning us into Real Madrid-Manchester and changing our shirts to match Real's?

Maybe they haven't suffered enough prior to a knight in shining armour riding into the picture. We had and if the Sheik wanted any change within reason I'd have bed fine with it. For example if he wanted us to be Manchester City Eagles and change to red and white, I'd have been fine with it. We could change back later if he was a crap owner and if he was good then it'd be a fair trade. Again more precious sentimentalism that drive me crazy. Just wear it and see. How did these peoples mothers ever get them dressed in the morning.

TonyM said:
Maybe they haven't suffered enough prior to a knight in shining armour riding into the picture. We had and if the Sheik wanted any change within reason I'd have bed fine with it. For example if he wanted us to be Manchester City Eagles and change to red and white, I'd have been fine with it. We could change back later if he was a crap owner and if he was good then it'd be a fair trade. Again more precious sentimentalism that drive me crazy. Just wear it and see. How did these peoples mothers ever get them dressed in the morning.
I think you would be in the minority

greasedupdeafguy said:
TonyM said:
I think you would be in the minority
Probably but understandable because the club is a little older than 4 friggin years :-)

TonyM said:

With respect, that's an even worse argument. Claiming that you have to have suffered heartache for years before you are allowed a bit of luck? I know we all hate the scum and begrudge them their success, but to turn that into a belief that somehow you have to earn success via decades of failure is simply being silly.

First i'd like to see some respect from some of those wankers towards the men who are saving their Club from a hopeless failure and perennial jokes. Had a gander at that forum the other day and some were openly calling the owners cunts. Need to learn some gratitude and perspective.

I'm not saying that you need to suffer to have success. I'm saying that after suffering for a long rind you tend to be a bit more welcoming of someone promising a relief... As we were with Lee first, Takin next and finally the real deal in Mansour. Melbourne don't seem IMO to recognize the lottery that they just one. If they had suffered for a long time maybe they would recognize that and be a bit more gratious.

TonyM said:
I'm not saying that you need to suffer to have success. I'm saying that after suffering for a long rind you tend to be a bit more welcoming of someone promising a relief... As we were with Lee first, Takin next and finally the real deal in Mansour. Melbourne don't seem IMO to recognize the lottery that they just one. If they had suffered for a long time maybe they would recognize that and be a bit more gratious.

Fair enough, but I have to agree with greasedupdeafguy: if Mansour had come in in 2008 and announced he was changing the club's name and colours then I think you'd be one of the few people still on this forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.