Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: Melbourne Heart FC Thread

Falastur said:
TonyM said:
I'm not saying that you need to suffer to have success. I'm saying that after suffering for a long rind you tend to be a bit more welcoming of someone promising a relief... As we were with Lee first, Takin next and finally the real deal in Mansour. Melbourne don't seem IMO to recognize the lottery that they just one. If they had suffered for a long time maybe they would recognize that and be a bit more gratious.

Fair enough, but I have to agree with greasedupdeafguy: if Mansour had come in in 2008 and announced he was changing the club's name and colours then I think you'd be one of the few people still on this forum.

I agree, but what about if he had come in five years after we had formed?

This is an odd one, we buy control with all due respect some mickey mouse club in Melbourne, no history no reputation and a minute fan base.
5 years in existence and a failure in any terms so far.
Appreciation in being adopted by one of the richest clubs in the world and rescued from third world mediocrity very short on the ground.
We are going to develop your club beyond anything you understand
Laughable fans comments perhaps they are rags in disguise ?
We did not need you but reading your brief and uninspiring background you sure as hell need us.
So
Smile, be grateful your life is going to be wonderful and in some 10 years time the childish complaints I read now will be seen as the idiotic nonsense they really are.

Falastur said:
momo88 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I can understand it, there fans don't want just want to be a Manchester city spin off, they want their own identity.

They've been supporting a club since its existence, then a prem club buys them out and changes everything about the club. I would be pretty pissed to.

seems to me a lot don't give a shit about colors some of are those united watcher in australia and now are moaning because of the sky blue color

but the club it self still less than 5 years of existence so or this shit history is talking is just way of bitching about City destroying football :)

Having been on their forums for 4 months now, I can't agree with this at all. I think I know of one United fan on that forum, at least who has identified themselves. I don't know what you've read to give you the idea they didn't care about their colours before, because there's not a single thing to suggest that. Before we came along, they had no reason to question whether they would ever stop wearing red & white. Otherwise, they've always been utterly committed to it. I'd say there's probably only 10% of them on that forum who would be willing to accept the change without concerns, and that's not including separating those who would welcome the change from those who simply will accept whatever happens.

I'm getting really sick of the whole "they've not got any history so why do they care about the colours" argument, too - partly because it's already been answered dozens of times now, including on the previous page of this thread. Why should four years (it's four, not five, FYI) not be long enough to become attached to a colour? Because we changed our colours when we were a new club? Very poor justification - when we changed our colours it was still the 19th century and football was barely a recognised sport. Clubs didn't know what identity was then. By the same logic, should we argue that Ukraine should have no right to resist Russia annexing its territory because it doesn't have the history to say that they think they have the right to keep control of their country? All that matters is that the Heart fans feel attached to the red and white and it forms their identity. Bear in mind that this is a team who have spent their entire existence being told that Victory are the "true" Melbourne club and that they should give up the foolish notion of supporting a weaker club - isn't that exactly what we were told about the scum for so long? How would we all react if Mansour had come in promising to change everything, and then had done so by turning us into Real Madrid-Manchester and changing our shirts to match Real's?

well im someone who like to discover so i think my assessment is quiet right cause you have got other sources not only that forum

for the rest you went a bit far

do not forget here we are talking about a young club that has to grow and be developed on all aspects even their city rivals are bigger

so for city as when man city was bought the aim is to develop something from "quiet" nothing as for the fans i'm with you in the case if the club is older have some achievement a solid base ...

here is about drawing new fans and supporters so 1 year after singing better players and be challenging for the a league title instead of bottom table everything will be ok

xzbit04 said:
First i'd like to see some respect from some of those wankers towards the men who are saving their Club from a hopeless failure and perennial jokes. Had a gander at that forum the other day and some were openly calling the owners cunts. Need to learn some gratitude and perspective.
i agree with you :)

some people are out of order

blind minds, they have just to imagine themself owning a club spending a shit money and trying to achieve something and then they will realize why sometimes you need to change things

ps: forget about the forum a tiny place with some red rag loving aussies :)

but as i stated above it is a new club (4 years) with a small base, everything has to e build if the club start winning all this talking right now will be a different story

They'll change to blue eventually.

The minority of fans will piss and moan and say how horrible it all is then forget it about 2 years later. The project is bigger than them and their small minded opinions, they will either get onboard or be swept away by progress.

Falastur said:
momo88 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I can understand it, there fans don't want just want to be a Manchester city spin off, they want their own identity.

They've been supporting a club since its existence, then a prem club buys them out and changes everything about the club. I would be pretty pissed to.

seems to me a lot don't give a shit about colors some of are those united watcher in australia and now are moaning because of the sky blue color

but the club it self still less than 5 years of existence so or this shit history is talking is just way of bitching about City destroying football :)

Having been on their forums for 4 months now, I can't agree with this at all. I think I know of one United fan on that forum, at least who has identified themselves. I don't know what you've read to give you the idea they didn't care about their colours before, because there's not a single thing to suggest that. Before we came along, they had no reason to question whether they would ever stop wearing red & white. Otherwise, they've always been utterly committed to it. I'd say there's probably only 10% of them on that forum who would be willing to accept the change without concerns, and that's not including separating those who would welcome the change from those who simply will accept whatever happens.

I'm getting really sick of the whole "they've not got any history so why do they care about the colours" argument, too - partly because it's already been answered dozens of times now, including on the previous page of this thread. Why should four years (it's four, not five, FYI) not be long enough to become attached to a colour? Because we changed our colours when we were a new club? Very poor justification - when we changed our colours it was still the 19th century and football was barely a recognised sport. Clubs didn't know what identity was then. By the same logic, should we argue that Ukraine should have no right to resist Russia annexing its territory because it doesn't have the history to say that they think they have the right to keep control of their country? All that matters is that the Heart fans feel attached to the red and white and it forms their identity. Bear in mind that this is a team who have spent their entire existence being told that Victory are the "true" Melbourne club and that they should give up the foolish notion of supporting a weaker club - isn't that exactly what we were told about the scum for so long? How would we all react if Mansour had come in promising to change everything, and then had done so by turning us into Real Madrid-Manchester and changing our shirts to match Real's?

Really? Your likening changing the colours of a football team that's been in existence for 4 years to Russias aggressive land-grab for the Ukraine?
You really need to give your head a wobble!

It is exactly like Ardwick/West Gorton becoming Manchester City! Melbourne have the chance to become a strong, successful team with great resources. The fans will be treated (by the standards of Aussie football) superstar players. I'm sure there were fans of Ardwick and West Gorton who were vehemently against the change to Man City for the same reason Melbourne fans.
I could totally understand opposition to changing the colours of a team like Cardiff who have around a 100yrs of history – but not a 4yr old team. It also seems that most of the opposition seems to be off plastic rags, who are just bitter twats anyway!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.