Melbourne City FC Thread

Rascal said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Rascal said:
Would we like to be treated as a susidiary. Would we fuck.

Equals in the CFG is fine by me.

The other 2 have been football clubs for the grand total of fuck all time, in regions where football isn't the #1 sport.

We are the elite club and should remain as such, sadly time and thought into some issues by our management team seems lacking.
That is istree crap and our owners will not see it that way thankfully.

Fucking elite club. That statement worries me more. Its fucking ragish

it's exactly what we are and there's no point putting all the money in and pushing us to that level if we are not going to be the marquee club.

We should be a club that has subsidiaries across the world, building our brand and feeding exposure, young talent and revenue back into our quest to build a trophy portfolio that rivals the top clubs. We were shit for far too long and now's our chance to do something truly revolutionary and dominate football in the process, we can't do that if we're too busy sharing with our subsidiaries and our own creations.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
it's exactly what we are and there's no point putting all the money in and pushing us to that level if we are not going to be the marquee club.

We should be a club that has subsidiaries across the world, building our brand and feeding exposure, young talent and revenue back into our quest to build a trophy portfolio that rivals the top clubs. We were shit for far too long and now's our chance to do something truly revolutionary and dominate football in the process, we can't do that if we're too busy sharing with our subsidiaries and our own creations.
I think what you are hoping for, what you think we are and what we actually are confused by a sense of blue myopia.

We are part of CFG we have improved year on year since ADUG bought us, in every area..But what the fuck makes you think we should somehow be the special ones is beyond me. Its not MCFC that have bought clubs its the owners. Thats a huge distinction. I hope CFG show 100% commitment as im sure and know they will to all parts of the CFG.

But the truth is and it is the truth, this is not about MCFC its about ADUG and what they want.

Rascal said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I think what you are hoping for, what you think we are and what we actually are confused by a sense of blue myopia.

We are part of CFG we have improved year on year since ADUG bought us, in every area..But what the fuck makes you think we should somehow be the special ones is beyond me. Its not MCFC that have bought clubs its the owners. Thats a huge distinction. I hope CFG show 100% commitment as im sure and know they will to all parts of the CFG.

But the truth is and it is the truth, this is not about MCFC its about ADUG and what they want.

Correct and to be honest Rascal, even if they walked away from City tomorrow I'd say thank you very much for the memories, they'll live with me forever.

We're so lucky and every day that ADUG is a part of this club it's a bonus, why some people can't appreciate that is beyond me?

@Danamy

totally mate, without them I doubt we would ever have the pleasure of being in each others company in Munich. Things I thought would never ever happen to us.

But we have to realise that we are part of the CFG and whilst no doubt being hugely important to their aims, we are not the omnipotent team, just at the moment we happen to be the best and most marketable.

Can you imagine in 20 years time if NYCFC really explodes into greatness (remember it took ADUG 6 to get where we are now) would we be happy to be seen as a subsidiary? No we wouldnt and nor should any of our sister clubs. We should in my opinion selcome the expansion of CFG as being good for all our fans

I had a chat with a united fan on Twitter today where his point seemed to be about City just being one 'franchise' of many owned by the same man.

I suppose that is, when you drill down, the basic truth of it but I see the values that ADUG are exporting via CFG as City values, as my own values.

Community, youth, inclusivity, affordability.

I have never felt as happy with the way my club is being run as I do under ADUG, my club has never been as well run and its history so valued.

And we happen to be winning stuff as well.

Just messin
new%20city.png

fbloke said:
I had a chat with a united fan on Twitter today where his point seemed to be about City just being one 'franchise' of many owned by the same man.

I suppose that is, when you drill down, the basic truth of it but I see the values that ADUG are exporting via CFG as City values, as my own values.

I have never felt as happy with the way my club is being run as I do under ADUG, my club has never been as well run and its history so valued.

Yes.yes,but apart from 2 League Titles,1 FA Cup,1 League Cup & 1 Community Shield what have ADUG ever done for us?

fbloke said:

Good post FB

it is those values that shines through, the "holstic" approach. Led by us on CFGs behalf but we are the most advanced obviously.

What pleased me is the effort being put into all areas. The announcement our girls are holding trials for all different aged junior girls teams is for immense. Its CITC at its best and im proud we are doing that.

The notion that MCFC itself will suffer because of this divergence is nonsensical,. You dont underfund your best selling commodity to improve growth in areas you are just branching into. You do as is being done invest wisely across all the areas as all growth benefits the group as a whole

JoeMercer'sWay said:

That's exactly what we are, and what they are doing, why are you worried ? Seriously I can't see a reason. CFG have just pulled off a coup by signing a title winning David Villa, and are sharing him between 2 of our clubs for marketing reasons, its clever, but it doesn't put Manchester City at any disadvantage, we've just done a League and Cup double, in the most watched league in the world, where our owners have already won all the domestic trophies, and the biggest of them all twice in three seasons. These clubs will be used to benefit Manchester City, the club our owner wants to be the biggest in the world, they can't be any threat to us, just an aid, much like Manchester City Women were acquired, to boost the whole club image.

Its just clever marketing, for me, I'm not greatly interested in NYCFC or MCFCoz, and any others we get control of in the future (and we will), the whole aim will be to market Manchester City globally, and along the way attract the best youth in the world to the (in your words), elite club at the top of CFG.

Nothing to fear here at all.

fbloke said:

Bit like Manchester United and Tampa Bay Buccaneers;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.