Melbourne City FC Thread

Yeah Damo, I thought of that as well. There are posters on MCFC / Hearts own forum saying the same thing, and few take them to task, perhaps because they don't know either? Which makes me wonder how any of them can go on about a five minute istoree etc. when they don't have a clue about their own coat of arms? Thick as whale shit.

CitizenTID said:
I don't like this franchise shit - the lazy badge copying has killed it for me. Supporting a football club is more than just supporting a team play week in week out, it's something unique you identify with. It would have been easy to come up with a simple badge that incorporated the Melbourne flag. Now we are at the forefront turning football clubs into primarily business interests
this

Re: Melbourne City FC

DiscoSteve said:
sir peace frog said:
TonyM said:
Hope not I love ours .. might be in the minority though :-)
nothing wrong with our badge,bluemoon is full of don't like crest,dont like shorts don't like the neck,dont like the shield,dont like socks,dont like pattern of pitch,dont like pellegrini ,don't like mancini,,dont like this that and the other,bluemoon is full of spoilt fuckers who need to don't like something,but everybody has an opinion,and this is mine .

Off the Melbourne CIty web site.

"The Melbourne City FC badge draws its inspiration from the heritage of Melbourne while celebrating modern day aspects of the Victorian economy, society and environment. The central red and white component of the badge ensures that the Club’s foundation colours will always be an integral part of its identity."

I think we all know the bold bit above is bollocks to the point of being embarassing...
nycfclogo315.jpg
mbcfclogo315.jpg

I admire the direction they have gone, and the attempt to incorporate Melbourne's coat of arms, but that crest is a design trainwreck. It looks like something I could have created it in Illustrator, and I'm only an amateur.

greasedupdeafguy said:
CitizenTID said:
I don't like this franchise shit - the lazy badge copying has killed it for me. Supporting a football club is more than just supporting a team play week in week out, it's something unique you identify with. It would have been easy to come up with a simple badge that incorporated the Melbourne flag. Now we are at the forefront turning football clubs into primarily business interests
this

Did either of you look at the City of Melbourne coat of arms before you wrote this?

Regarding the franchise, it's not. We're just part of the City Group like the rest of them. We happen to be the biggest part ,and I hope we remain so, but we are just part of it. If City is the franchise then we are part of it in Manchester rather than them being a franchise of us.

nycfclogo315.jpg
mbcfclogo315.jpg

I admire the direction they have gone, and the attempt to in life Melbourne's coat of arms to include history, but that crest is a design trainwreck. It looks like something I could have created it in Illustrator, and I'm only an amateur.

Personally I like round badges and like both of these, but as an amateur illustrator user what did you produce?

gouldybob said:
nycfclogo315.jpg
mbcfclogo315.jpg

I admire the direction they have gone, and the attempt to in life Melbourne's coat of arms to include history, but that crest is a design trainwreck. It looks like something I could have created it in Illustrator, and I'm only an amateur.

Personally I like round badges and like both of these, but as an amateur illustrator user what did you produce?

I actually quite like the NYCFC crest--my comment was about the Melbourne crest. I haven't created any Melbourne City FC crests but here are examples of a few crests I've done recently (two for mate's teams and one for a FIFA Pro Club).

northstarfc_by_techspider-d7l4buj.png
fcexpatriot_by_techspider-d7l4bo2.png
mancommfccrest_by_techspider-d7l4bq7.png

None of them are particularly good, as I have said, but that is the point. I could have easily designed the Melbourne crest and I have little design expertise. It lacks an overall collusion, has far too many visual elements, and the color scheme clashes badly. I understand the constraints, given the need to integrate previous elements, but I still feel it is poorly constructed.

Just my opinion.

SebastianBlue said:
gouldybob said:
nycfclogo315.jpg
mbcfclogo315.jpg

I actually quite like the NYCFC crest--my comment was about the Melbourne crest. I haven't created any Melbourne City FC crests but here are examples of a few crests I've done recently (two for mate's teams and one for a FIFA Pro Club).

northstarfc_by_techspider-d7l4buj.png
fcexpatriot_by_techspider-d7l4bo2.png
mancommfccrest_by_techspider-d7l4bq7.png

None of them are particularly good, as I have said, but that is the point. I could have easily designed the Melbourne crest and I have little design expertise. It lacks an overall collusion, has far too many visual elements, and the color scheme clashes badly. I understand the constraints, given the need to integrate previous elements, but I still feel it is poorly constructed.

Just my opinion.

I take your point I just think they can't be to clever if they want a generic brand look. The blue circle seems to be template the group is going to be using with little local touches, the heart and the 5 boroughs pentagon, and local imagery. Personally don't like the MCFC across the City of Melbourne flag, it's in the circle after all. Will be interesting how they do it if they expand into China, India, South America etc.. And it gives hope for us to lose the birdy, bringing the sail boat and the three rivers back into the circle.

Liked the North Star FC by the way.

sir peace frog said:
TonyM said:
invisableman said:
With the badge being the same template as nycfc will we be changing ours?
Hope not I love ours .. might be in the minority though :-)
nothing wrong with our badge,bluemoon is full of don't like crest,dont like shorts don't like the neck,dont like the shield,dont like socks,dont like pattern of pitch,dont like pellegrini ,don't like mancini,,dont like this that and the other,bluemoon is full of spoilt fuckers who need to don't like something,but everybody has an opinion,and this is mine .
arise sir peace frog,no wonder you are a knight,half of bluemoon wastes too much energy on negativity,

Sigh said:
We just need to get rid of the devil chicken crest now and, with a tweak, bring MCFC into-line with NYCFC and the other MCFC.
Old-manchester-city-logo.png

Agreed. Love that badge, don't like our current one compared to this tbh

CitizenTID said:

We are a business. ADUG didnt create CFG for philanthropic reasons, it sees CFG as a money making business and worldwide marketing tool. We were the initial phase and others will follow using what Khaldoon said was his prerred model for running a football club.

Ive seen a few on twatter and on here who seem to think CFG are concentrating too much on other aspects and not concentrating enough on us. I think is fairly selfish and we are going to have get used to the fact we are a cog in an ever increasing set of wheels and sometimes what we personally may wish for may be contrary to the needs of CFG as a whole

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.