Men with umlauts score all four City goals

No one has, to my knowledge, pointed out that all City's four goals were scored by players with a diacritic of two dots in their name, like the Umlaut in German - Agüero and Gündogan.
In Sergio's case, it is to show that the "u" and the "e" are pronounced separately, whilst with Ilkay, the "u" sound is modified by the umlaut (or diaeresis, if you will).
I submit that no PL club has had TWO scorers in the same match with this symbol over their names. I think it is mist curious and extremely fascinating to anyone interested in these matters.

Language lesson over.

it's alright being a wordy **** but you've spelt gündoğan's name without a breve on the g.
dunce_hat-xlarge_trans++pawb723fAyJ42k_1qfiW_OIFTN8ZHEUZThdwcDv6fo4.jpg

edit:
and the first letter of his first name is dotted in the turkish manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go into your start menu and search for on screen keyboard, copy and paste the required symbol. Or just copy and paste one from this thread: ö ë ä ï ü if you want to use é á etc hold down alt gr (right of space bar) while pressing the letter key.

Go into your start menu and search for on screen keyboard, copy and paste the required symbol. Or just copy and paste one from this thread: ö ë ä ï ü if you want to use é á etc hold down alt gr (right of space bar) while pressing the letter key.

Thank you, I'll do that. é á................ it worked for the quick one. Thank you, see, you learn something new every day as my Mum used to say. :-)

I've been pronouncing Agüero as Ah-where-O for several years now and was called a pretentious twat for doing so.

Mostly by pretentious twats

While we are at it, the letter O at the end of a word in Portuguese is pronounced "oo". So I always say "Fernandoo" and "Fernandin-yoo". I don't mind not applying this rule to Mourinho, as he does not merit accuracy - much like his strikers. Nor do I mind being labelled "pretentious". I also always say "Rursler", not "Rossler". The umlaut again.

We must keep up standards.

While we are at it, the letter O at the end of a word in Portuguese is pronounced "oo". So I always say "Fernandoo" and "Fernandin-yoo". I don't mind not applying this rule to Mourinho, as he does not merit accuracy - much like his strikers. Nor do I mind being labelled "pretentious". I also always say "Rursler", not "Rossler". The umlaut again.

We must keep up standards.
They're Brazilian though, it's a single o.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.