Mental/Funny/Surreal things near you

Clevers said:
There used be a chap who walked up and down London Rd in Manchester and stopped every so often and faced the wall before tapping on it with his knuckles.

One person where I worked used to cycle to work in all weather and seasons in just a shirt, trousers and shoes. I remember one day when I was freezing and wearing a thick overcoat, his only concession was he had rolled his sleeves down.
Wonder whether it's the same guy I used to see going to the bus stop on my way to work on Chester Road. He had long black hair and a beard, looked like Christ on a bike. All's he wore everyday, whatever the weather, was a white shirt with rolled up sleeves, grey trousers with bicycle clips and black shoes.
Also, the black guy who would stand rigidly still with the name of a website daubed on a piece of card, stood on the grass verge at the bottom of Trafford Park flyover.

The Cobbler

As a young kid we lived in a terraced estate and in one of the end houses lived 'the cobbler'. We never saw him once but we were all shit scared! If your ball went over the 6ft brick wall it was lost forever. The was an old horse cart in the garden too. Fuck knows how it got on there cos there was only a single gate.

Theres this guy that walks around town all day who has autism. He can remember every single detail about every single day in his life. If you ask him what the weather was on march 12th 1987 he could tell you what the weather was, who won any games being played and what was in the news. He can literally recall anything you ask him

bluemc1 said:
bluemc1 said:
The Ox said:
There was a house on Stockport Rd with a horse in the lounge.
Market Day Dave used to collect boxes in a cart.
Bert the Head was a guy whose head was about 5" wide and 12" long
Mr Piss all over the fence - did exactly what it say's on the tin.
There was also a Tranny who lived 5 houses down from me on Wellington Rd

ah good old market dave, pulled that cart for years, remember was with bloke i worked for lived on wood lane, lovely sunny morning everyone out doing their gardens and as dave went passed he said "hows it going dave?" and im sure you can picture this the reply was "RAAAAAAARRRHHHHHH "
also liked it when someone wrote PIMP MY RIDE on his cart

oh do you remember Queenie from bus station ? saw her stood pissing herself one night and i dont mean laughing

-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:19 pm --

charliebigspuds said:
there's a website with all these local looney's on if I wasn't at work I'd look for it. We had wanky Joe who used to be found having a wank everywhere and norby devlin who bummed a dog for pie and chips, me and my mates still refer to each other as norby when we're taking the piss and we're all in our forties now

thanks for explaining how wanky joe got his name

Did Queenie play the accordion and always look like she was going to burst into tears .

I always liked Dave he was part of Altrincham and everyone new him .

There is still a horse and cart man active in my area

We were told there were captured German solders in the air-raid shelters under the cotton mills (we went looking for them as kids)

There was a Tiger that lived in our local forest

One of my mates older brothers was adamant that spunk was flammable when we were kids - I was petrified of hitting puberty (i was about 11)

Tits Out Jackie . . . . Anybody remember her ?

-- Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:13 am --

Bluechipblue said:
Clevers said:
There used be a chap who walked up and down London Rd in Manchester and stopped every so often and faced the wall before tapping on it with his knuckles.

One person where I worked used to cycle to work in all weather and seasons in just a shirt, trousers and shoes. I remember one day when I was freezing and wearing a thick overcoat, his only concession was he had rolled his sleeves down.
Wonder whether it's the same guy I used to see going to the bus stop on my way to work on Chester Road. He had long black hair and a beard, looked like Christ on a bike. All's he wore everyday, whatever the weather, was a white shirt with rolled up sleeves, grey trousers with bicycle clips and black shoes.
Also, the black guy who would stand rigidly still with the name of a website daubed on a piece of card, stood on the grass verge at the bottom of Trafford Park flyover.

Used to see this guy with the board advertising some website. Some sort of African music I think ?? When you checked the website out there was nothing on it . I think someone was taking the piss out of him.

if you live in the Timperley/Altrincham area, you may have seen a woman who walks with het head permanently at a tilt. I believe it is an unfortunate muscular problem in her neck but I know a few people who reckon she does it for a joke. I was working in a local shop during my teens, and I served the lady in question. Transaction done, she walked out of the shop. 5 minutes later she came back in and demanded a refund, because she saw me sell cigarettes to the person that was infront of her in the queue.

"I'm trying to quit smoking, so I think it was unfair of you to sell them to that lady. It reminds me of them."
Does the display wall behind me stocked with hundreds of quids worth of them remind you of smoking too?

She asked to see the manager, who did very little and then told me she does it often. Kicks off for the sake of it. How the fuck could she ever have smoked with her head sidewards anyway? Bet all her jumpers have holey shoulders.

GaudinosWheels said:
Was an old fella known as Sam round New Moston in the late eighties to nineties, he'd walk around Moston Lane East making the most god awful noises known to man! I think he was coughing but it was a sound akin to a T-Rex realising it couldn't reach it's wedding tackle.

Never knew where he came from or where he went but my parents used to just accept this as if it was the norm so I'm guessing he'd been there a while making his noises.

Ha. Brings back some memories - Coughing Sam.....whhhooooppp.

There was also another big tall bloke with long hair that used to wear wellies and a womans dress!

Anyone know if Snaps is still hanging around Stalybridge? Tall, rough-sleeping fella with brown curly hair. Used to see him every morning on my way to work.

I remember once seeing him crying loudly outside Wetherspoons as a bunch of skinheads threw change at him. I also remember him repeatedly throwing a brick into the air one lunchtime, screaming his head off. I felt sorry for the guy, he was obviously in severe mental trouble.

Teabag Express said:
Theres this guy that walks around town all day who has autism. He can remember every single detail about every single day in his life. If you ask him what the weather was on march 12th 1987 he could tell you what the weather was, who won any games being played and what was in the news. He can literally recall anything you ask him

How can you verify that he's telling you the truth?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.