Message from a Sunderland fan

I was at Roker for the replay in 73. We had a great team and having knocked out Liverpool Big Mal thought it was our year but Sunderland team and the Roker Roar were too much for us and you went on to Wembley.

I was holidaying in Brittany one Summer and our first game of the season was against Sunderland, and I got talking to a Sunderland fan, and I was still talking to him after he'd draped his red and white striped shirt over the bonnet of my car and was relishing a 4-1 Sunderland win. And my only reaction was 'Why can't we have a four goal season opening win!

I used to drink in the Cambridge Arms pre Roker away. Went to the first match at new stadium when Gio scored but so did Quinn and Phillips!

I well remember going to roker new years eve 1966. We lost 1 0 to a late Bobby Kerr goal. Some pillock pulled the chain on the return train to Newcastle for our connection to Manchester. Back in town after the last train to Bury, my dad picked me up near crumpsall on on my walk back to Bury. I was one of a very few blues from Bury in those days. Met many Sunderland fans after the 2014 final - simply wonderful people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.