Message from a Sunderland fan

In a nutshell.
Correct, it's the amount of money needed now that's changed, United, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool always had owners able to pump money in when it was needed, dont forget United went 26 years without winning the league but were still commercially the biggest club in England. TV money and global investment increased drastically after the Premier League began and United managed this better by selling the brand globally than the likes of Liverpool who just expected to continue the success of the seventies and eighties and lost out big time. The fact is money matters but its how you use your money that's more important ! United spend just as much as us but have no plan un place, sack managers give the next one millions and so on. Every fan of every team would love our owners but sadly it's not jealousy at the top table of UEFA that's the problem is racially based as we have Arab owners who they despise !

How easy is it to get a ticket for a Derby match? At the age now whereby I fancy going to some high profile matches elsewhere.

How easy is it to get a ticket for a Derby match? At the age now whereby I fancy going to some high profile matches elsewhere.
Unfortunately, for non-members, they are like gold dust, and even if you’re a member, you have to build up loyalty points to have any chance of obtaining one.

To any Sunderland fans that come in here, lovely to see Jermaine Defoe on the ITV panel tonight. I will never forget the friendship and all round brilliance that man showed to young Bradley Lowery at Sunderland. Absolutely smashing bloke, and a lovely young Mackem taken away too soon. RIP Bradley.
Yep, you can't help but feel sometimes that players are just going through the motions when they do those kind of things, but it was very clear that that wasn't the case, Defoe did what I guess we would all do in that situation, nothing but respect from me for him as a player and a person.

Yep, you can't help but feel sometimes that players are just going through the motions when they do those kind of things, but it was very clear that that wasn't the case, Defoe did what I guess we would all do in that situation, nothing but respect from me for him as a player and a person.
I think he went above and beyond what the average person would do. Regularly visited him at home and in hospital, still goes and sees Bradley’s parents, proper bloke

I always used to hate Sunderland. This was a reaction to travelling there on a New Year’s Eve trip and been thrown out of pubs at just after half past ten.

It was, evidently all my fault.

Since then I have learned get along with Sunderland supporters. After the League Cup Final win, I have become rather sympathetic to Sunderland and their supporters.

I now have the ultimate respect for Sunderland all who support them. But are they still competitive?

Last edited:
Correct, it's the amount of money needed now that's changed, United, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool always had owners able to pump money in when it was needed, dont forget United went 26 years without winning the league but were still commercially the biggest club in England. TV money and global investment increased drastically after the Premier League began and United managed this better by selling the brand globally than the likes of Liverpool who just expected to continue the success of the seventies and eighties and lost out big time. The fact is money matters but its how you use your money that's more important ! United spend just as much as us but have no plan un place, sack managers give the next one millions and so on. Every fan of every team would love our owners but sadly it's not jealousy at the top table of UEFA that's the problem is racially based as we have Arab owners who they despise !
I believe in follow the money, especially where Uefa are concerned. I'd say rather than something intangible as racism i suggest it may be down the the islamic feeling with regards to gambling and how that might affect the coffers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.