Messi, La Liga and the Prem

No danger for this fella... Put him any top 6 team and its 40+

Remember the 50 goals is all comps. so if he was playing in Europe plus Carling Cup and FA Cup he'd be easily at those figures. He rarely misses a game and doesnt need dropping for the Carlijng Cup.

Hes got just over a goal a game in La Liga - 31. I think he'd get around that here, just like Ronaldo did.

Castiel said:
I have wondered how well Barca would do if you just dropped them into the Prem. How would they fare on a rainy Saturday 7:30 kick off at Stoke in December with those bastards hacking their legs out while they try to play their beautiful game.

Ive said this for a while and usually get laughed at but I think they'd drop a lot of points, not necessarily losses but definatly a lot of draws

in any top 5 team he would be top scorer in league.He is just pure class.If he can score 4 against arsenal,why wouldnt he score "at least" 1 against fulham(for example).Ronaldo too.

Castiel said:
I have wondered how well Barca would do if you just dropped them into the Prem. How would they fare on a rainy Saturday 7:30 kick off at Stoke in December with those bastards hacking their legs out while they try to play their beautiful game.

When did a game last kick off at 7:30 on a Saturday?

BlueInBury said:
Castiel said:

Ive said this for a while and usually get laughed at but I think they'd drop a lot of points, not necessarily losses but definatly a lot of draws

Stoke wouldn't get close enough to them to hack their legs, the ball would be past Whelen and Delap before they've even got to the player who was in possession. Barca are an outstanding team, you can't kick lumps out of them because they move the ball too quick and their movement is miles better than any side in world football

Would Messi score that amount of goals? Difficult to answer but in my opinion he'd be up get close to it

David Silva 2010 said:
When did a game last kick off at 7:30 on a Saturday?
5:30 I guess I had some mental wire crossing with 24 hour clock which is of course 17:30.

i have no doubt messi would be just as good over here, this guy is something completely and utterly unique

Blue Coop said:
If he was in this league with the exact same players he's at Barcelona with, he'd have no problems scoring as often as he does in la liga, simply because of the amount of chances he gets in that side and the way they can dominate english sides just like those in la liga.

However, take him out of that side and stick him in an english side with the players they have already. Then I think he would also struggle to hit 30 goals, in the league anyway.

Bollocks. Barcelona players would get killed in the prem. They only have 3 over 180cm+ players in their starting 11. Pique, Their keeper Valdez and Sergio Busquets. Everyone else is under 180cm.

They wouldn't be able to play that well against Stoke, Birmingham etc..They would get killed.

So in other words...their physique is shit if you compare them to teams in premier league. We saw what happened to them against Madrid. Madrid played agressive and tackled much and they struggled because of it.

Exactly the same thing would happen in england.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.