Messi, La Liga and the Prem

The reason these players can hit those heights is because of the team. Messi would not score like this if he played in an ordinary team. More often than not he'd walk around in the opposing half waiting for his team to clear the ball to provide a half-chance.

Just look at Cristiano Ronaldo at the WC. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you don't have a good team to provide balance, possession and good chances, you're going to struggle. Messi is clinical enough to bag a couple of goals, no matter what team he plays for, but take away Barcelona and suddenly he's not that superhuman. He'd be quite easy to man-mark, considering the game would go through him all the time. Eventually he'd tire of it and throw a fit, resort to play-acting and smack the assistant ref, resulting in a ten match ban.

danebanksheik said:
darren gough thinks he's shit so end of argument
And carrick would walk into the barca team, comedy gold talksport was today.

mcmanus said:
Just been listening to Talksport and Slur Alex reckons he would have Ronaldo over Messi at trafford ;)

Well Alex I would rather shag Kelly Brook over Cheryl Cole but you know what you piss can neither going to happen

Ronaldo is more suited and better in the premier league than Messi. So i can see where he is coming fron.

Barca would win the premiership if they were in it. It's laughable that people are basing Real Madrid's win on common ground with a typical Stoke/Birmingham performance. If Barca can beat United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, they can beat absolutely everyone else.

You're all right lads he'd struggle in the prem. Just danced around 4 world class defenders but he'd struggle against Bramble, Knight, Dunne and Huth.

:-)

The kid is genius in this country or any other you wanna pick.

100 million pound bid please.

I'll try this for the 3rd time seen as every time I mention Messi the thread gets deleted.

I think up against Stoke, Blackburn, West Ham ect.. he would get fucked up.

Today he has gone from my best player to no better then Ronaldo in my opinion.

Best player in the world? Yes, just as long as he steers well away from physical leagues.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
I'll try this for the 3rd time seen as every time I mention Messi the thread gets deleted.

I think up against Stoke, Blackburn, West Ham ect.. he would get fucked up.

Today he has gone from my best player to no better then Ronaldo in my opinion.

Best player in the world? Yes, just as long as he steers well away from physical leagues.
One of those teams doesn't play football. Another barely plays football and the attempt might get them relegated. West Ham on the other hand does play football and I could see Messi scoring a hat trick against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.