Messi tax fraud implications

hgblue said:
BillyShears said:
Messi will cost close to his buy out which is 250 million euros. He is the greatest player ever, is a model professional, has no history of madness or injuries.

As for making the money back - whatever he'd cost, City would make it back in spades.

Next summer's going to be very interesting.

On one hand you're praising the club's more holistic approach to transfers, steering clear of Cavani and Falcoa, then you suggest we pay 250 million euros for one player? That figure is OBSCENE.

Cavani & Falcao have relative tiny off the field marketing values. I'm praising a holistic approach to certain transfers because i know that City are only interested in real marquee players rather than just flavour of the summer players.

I'm sure City won't blink when they pay Messi's buy out clause, and I'm sure the ensuing steroid injection into our marketing ability and value will deal with FFP.

The figures involved in Cavani and Falcao's contracts are OBSCENE. Signing Messi would be a stroke of footballing and marketing genius.

To be clear, Falcao is taking him 200k a week net. Cavani isn't far behind that. Which means that the outlay on each of those players exceeds 100 million pounds. A big no fucking thanks from me. I'd rather we cut the wage bill as we have done to make room for someone like Messi.

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
BillyShears said:
Messi will cost close to his buy out which is 250 million euros. He is the greatest player ever, is a model professional, has no history of madness or injuries.

As for making the money back - whatever he'd cost, City would make it back in spades.

Next summer's going to be very interesting.

On one hand you're praising the club's more holistic approach to transfers, steering clear of Cavani and Falcoa, then you suggest we pay 250 million euros for one player? That figure is OBSCENE.

Cavani & Falcao have relative tiny off the field marketing values. I'm praising a holistic approach to certain transfers because i know that City are only interested in real marquee players rather than just flavour of the summer players.

I'm sure City won't blink when they pay Messi's buy out clause, and I'm sure the ensuing steroid injection into our marketing ability and value will deal with FFP.

The figures involved in Cavani and Falcao's contracts are OBSCENE. Signing Messi would be a stroke of footballing and marketing genius.

To be clear, Falcao is taking him 200k a week net. Cavani isn't far behind that. Which means that the outlay on each of those players exceeds 100 million pounds. A big no fucking thanks from me. I'd rather we cut the wage bill as we have done to make room for someone like Messi.

I'm not talking about whether this is an investment that City could make pay. For once in my life I'm thinking about the greater good of the sport, and the thought of anyone paying 250 million euros for one player makes me feel physically sick. A big no fucking thanks from me. No-one, repeat no-one, could ever justify that fee to me.

hgblue said:
I'm not talking about whether this is an investment that City could make pay. For once in my life I'm thinking about the greater good of the sport, and the thought of anyone paying 250 million euros for one player makes me feel physically sick. A big no fucking thanks from me. No-one, repeat no-one, could ever justify that fee to me.

Ok, so even though City could make a transfer like that profitable and not lose money on it, you don't think we should sign the best player in the world because the fee doesn't work for you. But you wanted desperately for us to sign Cavani ... hahaha. Whatever works for you. Personally I think 250 million euros for Messi would be value for money.

johnmc said:
SWP's back said:
That is what I read, I shall try and chase up the article.

And yes, a transfer so large would easily pay for itself, simply due to the player involved. Say we paid 3 times whatever Falcao just went for, there is no way, as Billy states that he would be worth 1/3 as much as Messi in terms of marketability.

edit: <a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2010/04/15/cristiano-ronaldo-shirt-sales-have-already-paid-off-80m-fee-to-manchester-united-real-madrid-claim-242129/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2010/04/15/cristiano ... im-242129/</a>

The article is slightly misleading - it says they have sold enough shirts at their RRP to pay for him. However that doesnt take into account the money adidas had already paid them and what Madrid actually get per shirt. 1.2m in shirt sales does not mean 1.2m x £60 into the club which is what it is effectively saying.

"However, the Spanish club have claimed sales of branded shirts and other ‘Ronaldo memorabilia’ have already seen them recoup a substantial amount of the 25-year-old’s transfer fee."<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 pm --<br /><br />
hgblue said:
BillyShears said:
hgblue said:

How is that thinking about a greater good of sport?

hgblue said:
I'm not talking about whether this is an investment that City could make pay. For once in my life I'm thinking about the greater good of the sport, and the thought of anyone paying 250 million euros for one player makes me feel physically sick. A big no fcking thanks from me. No-one, repeat no-one, could ever justify that fee to me.

Its not a fee for a player as such though is it - its an investment. Would you not pay £250m for something that would bring £300m+ in?

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:

Ok, so even though City could make a transfer like that profitable and not lose money on it, you don't think we should sign the best player in the world because the fee doesn't work for you. But you wanted desperately for us to sign Cavani ... hahaha. Whatever works for you. Personally I think 250 million euros for Messi would be value for money.

If by 'doesn't work for me', you mean that I find that fee immoral and objectionable, then yes it doesn't work for me. Not something I want my club associated with.

hgblue said:
BillyShears said:
hgblue said:

If by 'doesn't work for me', you mean that I find that fee immoral and objectionable, then yes it doesn't work for me. Not something I want my club associated with.
Immoral? How so?

SWP's back said:
"However, the Spanish club have claimed sales of branded shirts and other ‘Ronaldo memorabilia’ have already seen them recoup a substantial amount of the 25-year-old’s transfer fee."

I dont doubt a substantial amount has been recouped but £5m could be considered a substantial amount. Im off to the general forum to start a thread on shirt revenue.

GXCity said:
Question for you:

Barca need a center back. If we went in for Messi and they said 'ok we want £100m and Kompany' what would you do?

No, but you can have the next Vincent Kompany in Dedryck Boyata

hgblue said:
Not something I want my club associated with.

I bet you're in a tiny minority of one on this particular subject ... :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.