Messi

Billy makes a good case for Messi to City but it still goes beyond my wildest dreams to think that we could sign Messi in his prime. I do though think that Mansour would be prepared to get his cheque book out if there was a chance to sign Messi.

"If he ever leaves Barca" that is the question. If he does then we are first in the queue and favourites to sign him without a doubt. Somebody's quoted the buyout clause set at 200 million, I think we could easily afford that in a couple of years and if our CEO says that FFP is not a problem then why not? In my opinion he's the best footballer ever and you all know that if we did get to see him in our famous sky blue shirt then the whole world would be wetting themselves over us.

interesting argument from op, if we did sign him, half the outlay would come back in a year from merchandising and shirt sales around the world, not to mention increased advertising revenue as companies will pay top money for the exposure he will bring to city and by association, them.

think we should loan him out to qpr for 6 months first though, get him used to the english game, and arry finks hes a triffic little player!!!!

got told about stadium expansion a couple of months ago thought it might be bull but posted it a few weeks before it hit the papers but another thing i got told was that messi was at city around january time dont know if its true but what i got told about stadium was spot on cannot see it being kept under wraps if it was true

The only situation in which I could ever see him leaving Barca would be the situation we've seen in the past 2 months. There has been an over-dependence on his performances. He's thus far not had any serious time out of the squad, nor any poor games. Then you look at Munich rip Barca to shreds with Messi not performing in any meaningful way.

If Barca can get 150M+ for him, and sign 2 or three of the best center forwards immediately beneath him in quality, they'd be crazy not to. I'd sure as hell trade him for Falcao, Cavani, and a few other players (plus cash).

At a certain point, they're going to realize they have all their eggs in one basket. Its a gift and a curse, as he'll win almost every game for your team. A Munich semi-final comes along and he's injured, and you go out 7-0 in absolute humiliation, almost entirely due to an over-reliance on a single player.

Yes but if and it is the biggest if ever that if he were to come to us our manager wouldn't play him in every game conceivable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.