Mesut Özil

HEs available for £15 million apparently. So why the fuck are we even considering paying £25 million for Milner...

Also krasic for 15 to 17m pounds a proven right winger with champions league experience who is clearly better than shaun and milner.

I really hope someone with power at city reads this forum.

You really struggle to find many city fans that want Milner and are willing to admit it even on here.

For me its a no brainer this guy is quality and a much better player than Milner technically.

Also hes a proper creative midfield player vs Milner utility centre midfield / wide player / work horse.

In terms of wide players or those that can play there we have Bellamy, Silva, AJ, SWP. Honestly these players are all better out wide than Milner.

We have Ireland and SIlva that can play in the centre, Ozil is clearly better than ireland, Milner is not so I really cant understand why we want to sign him.

Also krasic for 15 to 17m pounds a proven right winger with champions league experience who is clearly better than shaun and milner.

I like him but hes going to Juventus I think. He wants to play in Italy. But he looks better than SWP and AJ for sure quality player.

bondsman said:
Anyone who thinks Milner is better than Ozil should not bother commenting on football.

Anyone who thinks Ozil and Milner are comparitive footballers should not bother commenting on anything

In the sense that Milner is not a patch on him....Hes not a try hard workhorse if thats what you mean.

We would be signing Milner as a creative player so why not compare them ?

It seems strange we will take such a big risk on Balotelli for twice as much money but wont take a punt on Ozill for half what Villa are asking for Milner.

His club want to sell he only has a year left on his contract. The player seem willing to consider it. SPuds are front runners hes going to end up somewhere new this summer.

I sense we are missing a big opportunity, like Snider last summer.

alera said:
In the sense that Milner is not a patch on him....Hes not a try hard workhorse if thats what you mean.

It seems strange we will take such a big risk on Balotelli for twice as much money but wont take a punt on Ozill for half what Villa are asking for Milner.

His club want to sell he only has a year left on his contract. The player seem willing to consider it. SPuds are front runners hes going to end up somewhere new this summer.

I sense we are missing a big opportunity, like Snider last summer.

there is a reason why top teams have players like milner in there squad!

alera said:

Just so wrong, Silva is comparable to Ozil not Milner. Milner will probably fill the role Barry played last season. Would love to see Ozil at City, but to suggest Milner is being bought instead is frankly silly. If we arent in the hunt for Ozil (and lets face it we have no idea if we are or arent) it has absolutely nothing to do with Milner. Just as it wasnt Kolorov or Milner.

Do you think 'midfielder' just means one role?

We have never shown any interest in Ozil. I suspect this is because we do not need a player like him at this time. This obsession with him is a bit weird.

Balotelli is a different case entirely. He has the potential to be so good that if you can buy him, you must, whether you need him or not.

Ozil? Not so much.

Silva is better.

If we had missed out on him then Ozil might have been on the same list, just further down. We did get him though and I'm sure that list was thrown away afterwards.

Mancini likes 2 holding players this much is clear, so thats de jong and Yaya for a good number of games. Silva starts so I can only assume Milner is beign signed for the right wing, when we want to play a 3 man midfield or maybe agaisnt weak opposition with yaya or De jong.

I just dont see where Milner fits in the city squad tbh, Dunne is right he will be a bench warmer if we sign him or be played in his lest favourable position most of the time.

Also hes only really had one good season and most of his goals seem to have been penalties last season ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.