Metrolink to / from Etihad

Left early today for one of the first times ever (too cold/knew would be a nightmare), got onto the tram stop on 90 minute today. Close to 30 minutes for the first tram back to Ashton and the one after that was apparently 15 behind. In that time 5 passed into town and 2 stopped but was out of service. Just not good enough at all.

Or at Ladywell which is one stop along, and has a Park and Ride..?

I'd also be thinking of walking up to the Velopark or even Clayton Hall to get on it on the way back before the queues at the stadium stop.

View attachment 105654
This is the better option as parking in Eccles is expensive whereas the Ladywell Park and Ride costs nothing except the tram fare.

Tried to get a bus from the half way house, waited 20 mins and no bus. Got the tram back, waited 20 mins at Clayton hall. Fucking pathetic “public transport system”

Absolutely shocking today. I missed the first ten minutes of the game. Single trams and most didn’t go to the Etihad, there must have been thousands outside when the game started.

How on earth are we going to cope when we expand or the co op arena opens?
Personally I think it’s about time the club started applying some genuine and well publicised pressure on the relevant authorities.

Personally I think it’s about time the club started applying some genuine and well publicised pressure on the relevant authorities.

They did fuck all about Istanbul, they'll do fuck all about the Metrolink. I sometimes wonder if they give a fuck about legacy fans anymore

Last edited:
They did fuck all about Istanbul, they'll do fuck all about the Metrolink. I sometimes wonder if they give a fuck about legacy fans anymore
I don’t necessarily disagree with you but the transport doesn’t work for anyone, whether they’re new / legacy fans.

I can understand why the club has to pretend that it does work in general terms given the need to secure planning permissions etc, but the problems seem to be more operational in nature and there comes a point where something needs to be done about it.

It’s not just legacy fans though it’s people in general. I work in the centre of town and the trams/ train/ buses often don’t run or are delayed significantly. The whole transport system is a joke.

It’s Manchester council who need to do something really, which they won’t

Left early today for one of the first times ever (too cold/knew would be a nightmare), got onto the tram stop on 90 minute today. Close to 30 minutes for the first tram back to Ashton and the one after that was apparently 15 behind. In that time 5 passed into town and 2 stopped but was out of service. Just not good enough at all.
Got on same tram rammed, only the other day got e-mail from City trams to Ashton will be every 12 minutes plus extra services,got to tram stop with it showing next tram 22 minutes. Farce of a system.

Last edited:
It’s not just legacy fans though it’s people in general. I work in the centre of town and the trams/ train/ buses often don’t run or are delayed significantly. The whole transport system is a joke.

It’s Manchester council who need to do something really, which they won’t

Yes public transport is a joke.
Went to Wigan on Saturday afternoon for a drink with some mates. 6pm decided to leave the pub for the 6.06 train back to Manchester, it was cancelled, so back to the pub, left again for the 7.06 train, that was delayed then cancelled, back to the pub. 7.30 went to the other Wigan station the wallgate and got a train back to Oxford road in Manchester. Walked it to Piccadilly station then got a tram back to Ashton.
At least Wigan to Manchester isn't far , cos I noticed a train to London had been cancelled, so some poor buggers would have been stuck in Wigan till god knows when .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.