Metrolink to / from Etihad

The metrolink is a dreadful service, totally unreliable and the network is hugely over expanded. Is there anything more pointless than a single tram? They fit about five people on them, yet always seem to be in operation at peak travel hours. Not to mention the increasing number of anti social behavior incidents.

Having the co-op live so reliant on a half decent tram system is a massive problem. Never mind the days where city are at home at a similar time.

The metrolink is a dreadful service, totally unreliable and the network is hugely over expanded. Is there anything more pointless than a single tram? They fit about five people on them, yet always seem to be in operation at peak travel hours. Not to mention the increasing number of anti social behavior incidents.

Having the co-op live so reliant on a half decent tram system is a massive problem. Never mind the days where city are at home at a similar time.
I think until the network is improved with more lines and trams, they might need to run shuttle services between Piccadilly Gardens and Ashton to cover passenger surges at the stadium and arena. Meaning everyone has to alight at the Gardens and then catch a connection at either St Peter's Square or Market Street. What is happening at the moment is trams are going through the Gardens and then nothing is coming back the other way as they get delayed.

The government will be trialling a pay-as-you-go ticketing system at 17 stations in the city region starting in 2025.

Travellers going between Manchester Piccadilly and Glossop, and Stalybridge and Victoria will be able to use a bank card or their device to tap into a station. They will tap out once they reach their end destination, with the assurance that they are charged the best possible fare without having to get a ticket.

The pilot will pave the way for full multi-modal ticketing across Greater Manchester’s Metrolink, cycle hire, busses, and trains by 2030.

Yes I caught a double tram at 5:30 from Navigation Road going to Picadilly yesterday evening. I got off at Cornbrook and 5 minutes later an Etihad tram arrived, a bloody single unit. You can imagine the chaos that occurred as more people tried to board at Castlefield, St. Peter's Square, the Gardens and then the station. A lady with a young child was getting frantic.

Who ever is in charge needs to pull his/her finger out, and the Club should (but won't) get involved.

The government will be trialling a pay-as-you-go ticketing system at 17 stations in the city region starting in 2025.

Travellers going between Manchester Piccadilly and Glossop, and Stalybridge and Victoria will be able to use a bank card or their device to tap into a station. They will tap out once they reach their end destination, with the assurance that they are charged the best possible fare without having to get a ticket.

The pilot will pave the way for full multi-modal ticketing across Greater Manchester’s Metrolink, cycle hire, busses, and trains by 2030.

Are Fujitsu doing the software?

Yes public transport is a joke.
Went to Wigan on Saturday afternoon for a drink with some mates. 6pm decided to leave the pub for the 6.06 train back to Manchester, it was cancelled, so back to the pub, left again for the 7.06 train, that was delayed then cancelled, back to the pub. 7.30 went to the other Wigan station the wallgate and got a train back to Oxford road in Manchester. Walked it to Piccadilly station then got a tram back to Ashton.
At least Wigan to Manchester isn't far , cos I noticed a train to London had been cancelled, so some poor buggers would have been stuck in Wigan till god knows when .
Huddlesfied cup game. Was staying in Southport with a train running every hour into and out of Victoria allegedly. Had to get an early train as 3 planned were abruptly cancelled. Coming home, again about 4 scheduled trains cancelled without warning.
Northern Rail taking the piss.
Nice trains though.

I stayed at the Salford Quays on Tueday for a Tom Stade concert.
Instead of staying over for another night for our game I moved to the Ancoats Travelodge so I could use the bus specials to and from the game.
Shows you how much I hate the tram on match days.

I think until the network is improved with more lines and trams, they might need to run shuttle services between Piccadilly Gardens and Ashton to cover passenger surges at the stadium and arena. Meaning everyone has to alight at the Gardens and then catch a connection at either St Peter's Square or Market Street. What is happening at the moment is trams are going through the Gardens and then nothing is coming back the other way as they get delayed.

That's a really good suggestion mate, it would make a lot of sense... So it probably won't happen, unfortunately!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.