Metrolink to / from Etihad

If there was a replacement bus that goes from Cornbrook to Ashton/Etihad, it would make it easier.

It doesn’t appear to be the case though.
The replacement bus routes look a bit half arsed tbh. Will be a bit of messing about going and coming back by the looks of it on that day.

Derailment on the trams this morning making my journey from Salford Quay into town this morning a nightmare.
Luckily all the bus drivers were sound and due to their help i made it with 10 mins to spare to the coach station.
Just hope everything goes well tomorrow on the trams but due to no trams between Exchange Square and Piccadilly i doubt it.
I would use the bus tomorrow if possible.

To clarify, for Brentford - if you change at Victoria from Didsbury, Rochdale, Altrincham - you can get tram to/from Etihad. Same in reverse, get tram from Etihad and change at Victoria for other routes....
From the b network site

• Trams on the Altrincham and Bury lines will only operate Altrincham – Bury (via Exchange Square). To travel to Piccadilly, please change at Victoria onto trams towards Ashton.

From the b network site

• Trams on the Altrincham and Bury lines will only operate Altrincham – Bury (via Exchange Square). To travel to Piccadilly, please change at Victoria onto trams towards Ashton.
Yes not too bad today for people travelling from Altrincham. The Fulham game on the other hand will be a bloody nightmare.

From the b network site

A medical emergency playing havoc with the trams again. Waiting at Crumpsall went from 1 min to 11 min to 23 mins. Not sure if cleared yet as went by Uber.

There are no scheduled trams to the ground at all from South Manchester. All terminating at cornbrook presumably due to this medical emergency.
Bloody hell didn't know about that my tram from Altrincham must have got past Cornbrook before that happened.

Got to say that yesterday was a complete doddle on the Metrolink if they permanently shut the line between St. Peter's Square and Piccadilly Gardens it would be OK by me.

Tram from Altrincham to Victoria straight on to an Etihad bound tram. Return trams from the stadium all going to Victoria and an Altrincham tram ready to depart when we got there.

Home about half an hour before normal, can somebody blow up the tracks on Mosley Street?

it was the first time i went on the tram from ashton moss, was ok as it was about 1-05 when i got on and parking in the car park was ok at that time, coming back i left a few mins before end and when i got on platform a tram came about a min, on every one who was there got on, took about 15 mins to car and away, not much traffic going thro ashton at that time so back in donny about 6-30

Interesting thing about the Cornbrook derailment was that when that happened Bury-Altrincham trams were already only using the Exchange Square route because of the track works between Piccadilly Gardens and St Peter's Square. Obviously they couldn't use either route through Manchester once the derailment happened so all trams from Bury were diverted to the Etihad Campus via Market St.

Clearly they were being turned round at the Etihad quickly, so why can't they do this on match days? I've suggested this before that instead of trams terminating at Piccadilly, run them through to the Etihad for an hour before and after games. We know they can do it now.

Interesting thing about the Cornbrook derailment was that when that happened Bury-Altrincham trams were already only using the Exchange Square route because of the track works between Piccadilly Gardens and St Peter's Square. Obviously they couldn't use either route through Manchester once the derailment happened so all trams from Bury were diverted to the Etihad Campus via Market St.

Clearly they were being turned round at the Etihad quickly, so why can't they do this on match days? I've suggested this before that instead of trams terminating at Piccadilly, run them through to the Etihad for an hour before and after games. We know they can do it now.
They do this now, quite often get on a completely empty tram post match going back towards town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.