Metrolink to / from Etihad

They may not have knew why but they deffo knew before hand it wasn't stopping! The one near us conveniently backed out of sight couple of minutes before to not get backlash. When people were going mad at him he was laughing whilst pretending to be on the phone to someone about it.
The staff stopped fans going onto the platform saying it was overcrowded but it wasn't anywhere near as full as normal.
Then a couple just walked past and I said to security "aren't you stopping them"
He said I didn't see them.
I said "well in that case you won't see me either" and walked past him then everyone seemed to follow and they just watched.
I know the trams not stopping aren't their fault but they need to be better informed as to what the fuck is going on.
The Ashton line after the game is always a shit show..

There seems to be quite a bit of work upcoming that will affect Altrincham-Etihad directs. Worth keeping an eye on some of this.

Thank you for this, I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise.

So this affects:
Brentford at home - no Mets between St Peter’s Square and Piccadilly Gardens, which means no Mets from Manchester Airport, East Didsbury, Trafford Centre, Eccles or Altrincham will go through Town or to the Etihad.

Fulham at home - no Mets through Cornbrook so again no Mets from Manchester Airport, East Didsbury, Trafford Centre, Eccles or Altrincham will go through Town or to the Etihad.

And possibly Champions League or EFL Cup games will be affected depending on when they are.

Last edited:

So this affects:
Brentford at home - no Mets between St Peter’s Square and Piccadilly Gardens, which means no Mets from Manchester Airport, Trafford Centre, Eccles or Altrincham will go through Town or to the Etihad.

Fulham at home - no Mets through Cornbrook so again no Mets from Manchester Airport, Trafford Centre, Eccles or Altrincham will go through Town or to the Etihad.

And possibly Champions League or EFL Cup games will be affected depending on when they are.

To clarify, for Brentford - if you change at Victoria from Didsbury, Rochdale, Altrincham - you can get tram to/from Etihad. Same in reverse, get tram from Etihad and change at Victoria for other routes....

So this affects:
Brentford at home - no Mets between St Peter’s Square and Piccadilly Gardens, which means no Mets from Manchester Airport, East Didsbury, Trafford Centre, Eccles or Altrincham will go through Town or to the Etihad.

Fulham at home - no Mets through Cornbrook so again no Mets from Manchester Airport, East Didsbury, Trafford Centre, Eccles or Altrincham will go through Town or to the Etihad.

Think the CL and EFL should be ok. Fulham at home will be a real ball ache for tram users on the South Manchester and Eccles lines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.