Metrolink to / from Etihad

Fucking pile of shit back to Altrincham after todays game.

Metrolink = Useless bunch of wankers.
I actually went on the City bus from Radcliffe met to the game for the first time and have to say it was 100% better than getting the two trams to the game. Much easier and definitely got home quicker.

Fucking pile of shit back to Altrincham after todays game.

Metrolink = Useless bunch of wankers.
Ours waited around 20 minutes just short of the old Mitchell Arms and then the pompous rag prick of a driver started complaining because someone pressed the buzzer asking what was going on. I thought Wednesday was great tonight was worse than useless.

Ours waited around 20 minutes just short of the old Mitchell Arms and then the pompous rag prick of a driver started complaining because someone pressed the buzzer asking what was going on. I thought Wednesday was great tonight was worse than useless.
See my post yesterday. Cars are allowed to block the Mitchell Arms junction causing a total traffic jam where trams cannot move. It was very poorly designed and probably can't be changed now.

See my post yesterday. Cars are allowed to block the Mitchell Arms junction causing a total traffic jam where trams cannot move. It was very poorly designed and probably can't be changed now.
Should have the police controlling that junction, not rocket science is it.

The trams always crawl along that stretch but basically keep moving.

The tram yesterday stopped at Holt town for 20 minutes with the driver issuing feeble excuses then having to check his doors because people had tried to get off. No consideration by Metrolink for women, young children, elderly passengers and invalids they are a disgrace.

To compound matters the “L” driver on my next tram to Altrincham must have had a lead foot. Violently braked at St. Peter’s square throwing passengers against each other and then did worse when leaving Timperley. He claimed an overshoot which could not have been at the station as he had already disgorged all his passengers. He was lying and must have run a red light and triggered the automatic braking system.

Took almost 2 hours to travel 8 miles, Metrolink are not fit for purpose.

Knew it would be bad when I walked past this. Too many taxis trying to make the gig - only going to get worse…

We stuck around for another pint at Summerbees after the game but when the shutters went down there were still long queues for the tram, although it did move quite quick. The tram was still sardinesque.

I also think the staff managing the queues were extremely unprofessional and were encouraging people to run the winding queue and down the wet steps for an approaching tram, one even shouting out, jokingly, that it was the “last tram”. I can see a nasty accident happening with that sort of behaviour.

Should have the police controlling that junction, not rocket science is it.
The police haven't done traffic duty for 30 years !
Simply stop all cars and taxis from picking up and close off the roads that converge in and around the Mitchell. (I don't know the names of any round there)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.