Metrolink to / from Etihad

Funny watching the co op lot getting off and blues ignoring tram wind up merchants and the ensuing melee to get on the sardine tins.

Metro link staff love an argument too. They don't give a fuck about passengers that much is clear.

I want my car back.

The police haven't done traffic duty for 30 years !
Simply stop all cars and taxis from picking up and close off the roads that converge in and around the Mitchell. (I don't know the names of any round there)
I’m not too keen on traffic cameras but putting one there to deter the arseholes from blocking to junction might help.

The trams always crawl along that stretch but basically keep moving.

The tram yesterday stopped at Holt town for 20 minutes with the driver issuing feeble excuses then having to check his doors because people had tried to get off. No consideration by Metrolink for women, young children, elderly passengers and invalids they are a disgrace.

To compound matters the “L” driver on my next tram to Altrincham must have had a lead foot. Violently braked at St. Peter’s square throwing passengers against each other and then did worse when leaving Timperley. He claimed an overshoot which could not have been at the station as he had already disgorged all his passengers. He was lying and must have run a red light and triggered the automatic braking system.

Took almost 2 hours to travel 8 miles, Metrolink are not fit for purpose.
I was on the tram that stuck at the Mitchell Arms yesterday and one problem is becoming quite regular, and that is half-witted, moronic drivers blocking the line by not having the sense to stop short of them when in a traffic jam and not knowing if they can make it across. There really needs to be some form of policing of this because it's happening time and time again.

The trams always crawl along that stretch but basically keep moving.

The tram yesterday stopped at Holt town for 20 minutes with the driver issuing feeble excuses then having to check his doors because people had tried to get off. No consideration by Metrolink for women, young children, elderly passengers and invalids they are a disgrace.

To compound matters the “L” driver on my next tram to Altrincham must have had a lead foot. Violently braked at St. Peter’s square throwing passengers against each other and then did worse when leaving Timperley. He claimed an overshoot which could not have been at the station as he had already disgorged all his passengers. He was lying and must have run a red light and triggered the automatic braking system.

Took almost 2 hours to travel 8 miles, Metrolink are not fit for purpose.
If Burnham was a responsible and active Mayor he should be riding the metro during peak match day travel to witness first hand what customers experience and how 'unfit for purpose' the organisation, facilities and schedule is.

We don't hold our politicians to personal account in this country.

As Mancunians we must become more demanding and militant as our forefathers did !!

If Burnham was a responsible and active Mayor he should be riding the metro during peak match day travel to witness first hand what customers experience and how 'unfit for purpose' the organisation, facilities and schedule is.

We don't hold our politicians to personal account in this country.

As Mancunians we must become more demanding and militant as our forefathers did !!
The service wasn't too bad on the way out yesterday with the elusive Altrincham to Etihad service back for the big game. But overcrowding is a real issue. I generally prefer to walk to and from town from the ground for that reason.

Can't be too many of those about.
He needs to try going towards Ashton to see a properly shit service. 20 minutes after the game waiting for a tram then scrapping to get on. Barriers to separate co op live passengers from football passengers which they panicked and abandoned after the tram arrived.

2 or 3 trams went the other way during that time, towards town.

Did he miss the blockage at The Mitchell arms too? lucky.

Also staff telling people to run for a tram that simply drove off as they got near.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.