Metrolink to / from Etihad

The other alternative transport link which is not operating to it's full potential is Ashburys railway station.
It just needs to made accessible, and for additional calls to be made there by trains before and after matches.

We tried Ashburys a few times in the first season. Trouble with it is, it’s on that little sidetrack and not the main line. If it was they could use it like Wembley Stadium and have all the main line trains stopping there before and after the game.

It’s ok if you live on that line I suppose ( Glossop is it? ) But once you’re at Piccadilly already, no one is gonna fuck about waiting for a train back there, when you can jump on the tram or in a cab.

We tried Ashburys a few times in the first season. Trouble with it is, it’s on that little sidetrack and not the main line. If it was they could use it like Wembley Stadium and have all the main line trains stopping there before and after the game.

It’s ok if you live on that line I suppose ( Glossop is it? ) But once you’re at Piccadilly already, no one is gonna fuck about waiting for a train back there, when you can jump on the tram or in a cab.

There's trains passing through there at slow speed but not stopping to Sheffield, Leeds and Hull, so they could provide a longer distance service.
The main issue would be providing step free access via either lifts or a footbridge with ramps.

There's trains passing through there at slow speed but not stopping to Sheffield, Leeds and Hull, so they could provide a longer distance service.
The main issue would be providing step free access via either lifts or a footbridge with ramps.
Two thirds of tube stations dont have step free access. They could open this without that, at least initially…

Mets were stuck near the Mitchel Arms after a game this season because traffic had stopped on the Met tracks and some dickhead on the Met pulled the Emergency Door Release on the back of a double unit and got off. The driver had to climb down from one unit and helped being pulled up to get onto the other one and then vice-versa on the way back to his cabin.

By then three double Mets packed full of people had got stuck behind them for 20 minutes.

It was a complete shit show!

All because one knobhead driver can’t just be patient and hang back a bit and one knobhead Met passenger can’t just be patient and wait for things to move. But all caused by a lack of organisation of transport around the Etihad.

I don’t think cars should be allowed anywhere near the stadium after the game. The roads should be closed to cars and have special buses lined up taking people to either Piccadilly, Victoria (there’s currently no bus that runs from the Etihad-Victoria) and maybe somewhere like Droylsden on the Ashton Met line.
I was on that tram, it had never happened before being stopped for 20 minutes. The tram was crammed and there were women, children and elderly people on board. The lack of (correct) information coming from the driver didn’t help matters. There was always going to be someone try to get off.

Last home match with Cornbrook closed, where were the replacement buses outside Piccadilly station after the match? Disgraceful service by Metrolink.

Last edited:
Maybe send the feedback to the club? They are welcoming feedback on how to improve the service. Was it you I was chatting to?
No. I didn't chat with you. I was upstairs and didn't chat with anyone. I'll be catching the bus again when we play Southampton and if we have the same delays, I'll put my feedback to the club. I didn't know they wanted it, so thanks for the heads up on that point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.