Metrolink to / from Etihad

Got the tram to the ground for the first time in ages today.

Two doubles waiting at Piccadilly and it was rapid as fuck.

Credit where it’s due to the useless fuckwits at Metrolink.

They seemed to be running double sets on the Altrincham route through to the Etihad. However, bizarrely there were at least 2 single units on the Eccles to Ashton circuits which I've never seen on match days before.

Got the tram to the ground for the first time in ages today.

Two doubles waiting at Piccadilly and it was rapid as fuck.

Credit where it’s due to the useless fuckwits at Metrolink.
Is this a change for the better and permanent or because of engineering works on the system? It was superb today so proves it can be done, I will reserve judgement for the time being.

There seemed to be much more frequent Mets post-game today.

Every game, I leave the ground after the highlights of the game have been shown on the screens and there are only a few dozen people left in the ground. Sometimes, I get to the Met stop and it takes 20 minutes to get onto the platform and another 24 minutes before a Met comes. Today, I got to the platform in about 3 minutes and as one Met left an Alty direct Met came about a minute later and there was a double Alty Met coming after that.

After changing into an Airport Met at St Peter’s Sq, I was home in the quickest time I’ve ever got home since moving to Baguley in November 2021. Standing on the Etihad platform after a City game can be the most infrequent service at any time on any day on the entire network… today showed what can be done when they use their heads. I don’t know what they did differently but it was slick.

I live near bury and should in theory be a perfect fit in terms of using the tram for the game. In the past I have found the service useless both ways, cramped and looking at least 60 -70 mins to get home. Not to mention that there are usually 3 of us in the car so even at £10 to pay for parking it’s still cheaper And takes me about 45-50 mins in the car. Add to that, isn’t the tram to the Etihad closing for up to 2 years whilst they work on changes to Piccadilly for hs2 so you wouldn’t be able to use it anyway? And then On top of all that there is this master plan to get rid of as much free parking within 10 mins walk of the ground.

Burnham and his team of idiots need a serious rethink but I wont hold my breath!

Tram to Ashton after the game - platform rammed and what comes along ?……yes, a single.
crazy !

Tram to Ashton after the game - platform rammed and what comes along ?……yes, a single.
crazy !
And the queue was in the way of everyone leaving onto JMW.

I said to the 2 coats marshalling them to shift them against the fence as they were causing an obstruction.....might as well have been speaking Greek to them....dickheads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.