Metrolink to / from Etihad

Tram to Ashton after the game - platform rammed and what comes along ?……yes, a single.
crazy !

No buses going that way either. Walked all the way to edge lane without seeing one. Surely they can spare a couple from all those that go into town after the game

No buses going that way either. Walked all the way to edge lane without seeing one. Surely they can spare a couple from all those that go into town after the game
I take it buses only go back into town.
I have never noticed a bus outside the ground going the opposite way straight after the match ends.

I take it buses only go back into town.
I have never noticed a bus outside the ground going the opposite way straight after the match ends.
If they turn up they wait at the stop next to the velopark metrolink stop.

No dedicated buses that way so it’s just luck if there’s one waiting. Prob 50/50 if I’m being generous. Pain in the arse. And the legs

According to those who know on Skyscrapercity, you need to factor in the power supply being able to cope with running more doubles in the various sections of the network at the same time? There’s limits, doubles presumably use more power.

Next, the coupling/de-coupling of the units happens during out of service hours so those doubles would run empty for large parts of the day, or the whole tram taken out of service for engineering before put back. It also increases the mileage of the units which have an annual maximum they can run to preserve their warranty.
If all of the above is correct we are well and truly fucked when the North Stand is built and the Take That Reunion Tour (No. 34) is the same night as our match.
Re the power supply. Perhaps if it was fit for purpose this would not be an issue. They have been allowed to over extend themselves.

According to those who know on Skyscrapercity, you need to factor in the power supply being able to cope with running more doubles in the various sections of the network at the same time? There’s limits, doubles presumably use more power.

Next, the coupling/de-coupling of the units happens during out of service hours so those doubles would run empty for large parts of the day, or the whole tram taken out of service for engineering before put back. It also increases the mileage of the units which have an annual maximum they can run to preserve their warranty.
No problem......

horse.jpg

I dunno what the reasoning is behind this piss poor planning of trams for City matches, but when I lived in Sale, and there was any type of concert at Lancashire cricket ground or a football match on up the road, the trams would be queuing up behind each other to get people away. They'd be 4 doubles all stacked up waiting. And five minutes later the same again. They still do it now at Trafford bar.

Why can't they do the same at City games?

I dunno what the reasoning is behind this piss poor planning of trams for City matches, but when I lived in Sale, and there was any type of concert at Lancashire cricket ground or a football match on up the road, the trams would be queuing up behind each other to get people away. They'd be 4 doubles all stacked up waiting. And five minutes later the same again. They still do it now at Trafford bar.

Why can't they do the same at City games?
You answered your own question there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.