Metrolink to / from Etihad

400 more like 4,000 as they just pack you on like sardines.
Something like 410 is official capacity so even packing a few more in won’t take it above 500 in my reckoning. Whatever, it’s woefully inadequate for the stadium as it is, considering the next nearest option at Ashburys is almost a mile away.

Something like 410 is official capacity so even packing a few more in won’t take it above 500 in my reckoning. Whatever, it’s woefully inadequate for the stadium as it is, considering the next nearest option at Ashburys is almost a mile away.
At 6 trams an hour they could move 4.5k people in each direction per hour, so say 2 hours to move 20k.

The new arena has a capacity of 23.5k and our proposed new capacity is over 60k. So as you say the Metrolink is completely inadequate for moving such vast numbers.

When I get to a game we always stay at the Ashton travel lodge next to Sheldon Arms near Snipe retail park and metro stop,great pub and good transport never a problem.
I always go back on the traim that way, and more and more away fans are cottoning on to this option.

At 6 trams an hour they could move 4.5k people in each direction per hour, so say 2 hours to move 20k.

The new arena has a capacity of 23.5k and our proposed new capacity is over 60k. So as you say the Metrolink is completely inadequate for moving such vast numbers.
Yes, mixing football fans of two teams, and concert-goers with no affinity to either, give everyone a drink or two then cram them together with no air. What could possibly go wrong?

Not if they have the trams backed up like a old trafford one out,next one in loading,or is that for rags only.

When the Coop Live Arena is open for concerts and events, double trams every 6 minutes.

Confirmed by Ben Tipple, the arena's sustainable initiatives at the Open Doors Event Yesterday.

The walking route long the tramline route is also going to be redeveloped, better lighting, art works, pop up bars, buskers, etc to get more people to walk to and from the arena. Not along the canal as it’s deemed as too dangerous.

Nothing about additional buses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.