Metrolink to / from Etihad

Not if they have the trams backed up like a old trafford one out,next one in loading,or is that for rags only.
At trafford bar, I've seen 4 trams in a row, waiting to take people away. Although, the trams were going to different places. Some to the airport and some to East Didsbury. And if you walk over to the cricket ground, you can get a tram to Alty. Or the new line that goes to the Trafford Centre, or walk over to media city and get the tram to Eccles or Manchester. So yeah, they have multiple options, but that has been a developed area much longer than the gasworks site where the Etihad is. They should have a 'there and back' line that just goes from Town to the Stadium for games and gigs.

Although, I am still 100% certain that the tram to Ashton, where your car is parked, is about an hour quicker than parking near the ground. You actually pass by all the cars stuck in traffic. And you get onto the M60 before everyone else who is still stuck in town.

Tuesday night first tram left half empty minutes after final whistle to Ashton, 14 minutes to next one why not hold first one until full then bring next one in it's baffling.
Not if you want it to be leaving Ashton on time coming back.

When the Coop Live Arena is open for concerts and events, double trams every 6 minutes.

Confirmed by Ben Tipple, the arena's sustainable initiatives at the Open Doors Event Yesterday.

The walking route long the tramline route is also going to be redeveloped, better lighting, art works, pop up bars, buskers, etc to get more people to walk to and from the arena. Not along the canal as it’s deemed as too dangerous.

Nothing about additional buses.
Fuck’s sake, that’s shit. Art works, buskers? Lol.

When the Coop Live Arena is open for concerts and events, double trams every 6 minutes.

Confirmed by Ben Tipple, the arena's sustainable initiatives at the Open Doors Event Yesterday.

The walking route long the tramline route is also going to be redeveloped, better lighting, art works, pop up bars, buskers, etc to get more people to walk to and from the arena. Not along the canal as it’s deemed as too dangerous.

Nothing about additional buses.
It's not good enough really. When I was in Sheffield and you left after an event at the arena in the evening there were usually at least 4 trams waiting to ferry people back into the city. The fact there is no increase in frequency on matchdays is beyond a farce.

The Metrolink is a pathetic system anyway. Many infrequent travellers on it like me say the same thing. All fur, no knickers.

It's not good enough really. When I was in Sheffield and you left after an event at the arena in the evening there were usually at least 4 trams waiting to ferry people back into the city. The fact there is no increase in frequency on matchdays is beyond a farce.

The Metrolink is a pathetic system anyway. Many infrequent travellers on it like me say the same thing. All fur, no knickers.
Not just not an increased service, it’s a less frequent service. A number of times I’ve got to the Etihad Stadium station platform and waited 24 minutes for a Met to show up.

You get more frequent Mets anywhere on the Metrolink map on a Tuesday afternoon than that. It’s a total joke sometimes after City games.

In general, Town is the problem with Metrolink. All lines converge in the city centre onto roads that are used by vehicles and pedestrians therefore the service slows down to walking pace for stretches or to a complete stop in some places. Our conurbation is crying out for an underground but it’s never going to happen. Even Bilbao has an underground.

Not just not an increased service, it’s a less frequent service. A number of times I’ve got to the Etihad Stadium station platform and waited 24 minutes for a Met to show up.

You get more frequent Mets anywhere on the Metrolink map on a Tuesday afternoon than that. It’s a total joke sometimes after City games.

In general, Town is the problem with Metrolink. All lines converge in the city centre onto roads that are used by vehicles and pedestrians therefore the service slows down to walking pace for stretches or to a complete stop in some places. Our conurbation is crying out for an underground but it’s never going to happen. Even Bilbao has an underground.
I’ve mentioned before about the limitations of the network, one being that (according to SSC) you can’t run too many services in a sector at the same time without overloading the power. I read recently that the old trams used to have a scribbled marker pen message on the driver’s console reminding them not to accelerate too quickly out of stations. I remember seeing these back in the day and naively thought it was to prevent standing passengers from falling over but no, it was because it could draw too much power and overload the circuitry. That’s our ‘world class’ system, folks.

In any case, even if they could run a 6 min service, it takes just 1 incident to bring it all to a halt, it will not work regularly, I guarantee it. 6 min frequency is the best possible and that means just 3000 passengers per hr in each direction, it’s dreadful.

I’m resigned to just paying for parking at one of the unofficial car parks that will pop up once on-street free parking goes. I’m not spending the same amount of money or more to take up to an hour longer on public transport. The tram became useless to me when they ditched direct services to the stadium.

Parked at Ashton west and used metro for first time.

I usually park at Sheffield Street then walk to the ground. That would take me 3 hours 10 minutes from my door to the ground.

It took 3 hours 10 mins from my door to getting off tram. It was the same going home. Much better option although I did an extra 8 miles this route.

It took about 5 minutes leaving the ground and stepping on tram.

One thing that irritates me about the post match trams is that the majority of people don't understand the queuing system.
The stewards constantly instruct people to use the full width of the system, but the majority of people almost queue in single file whilst being mesmerised by their phones.
When I follow the instructions, and therefore inevitably overtake people in the queue I get constantly tutted at.
It's not my fault the majority of people can't follow simple instructions!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.