Metrolink to / from Etihad

I was on one of the altrincham trams on Saturday. everything went really smooth. Left level 3 east stand just after the final whistle, through the tram queuing system without waiting and got on a double tram no problem. The tram left and all was going well until we hit the junction with the Mitchell arms pub then stopped for 5 minutes. trams going to the Etihad also couldn’t get past due to cars on the tram tracks. Surely this is a major flaw in the system and it has a big knock on effect with all the other trams. The road should either be closed to cars for maybe an hour after the match or how about compulsory purchasing the buildings alongside the road and widening the road. Most of building seem abandoned and derelict on that stretch Anyway. Maybe the cost would be high but worth it in the long run.
The Council can't even manage to pick up litter, let alone purchase private land and widen a road. That levelnof thinking is way beyond their comprehension sadly.

The Council can't even manage to pick up litter, let alone purchase private land and widen a road. That levelnof thinking is way beyond their comprehension sadly.
It just seems crazy that all the money spent on consultants about routes and signalling and scheduling could be saved if they made a 400 yard piece of road wider. It’s not like it’s not done like that elsewhere. I used to visit cologne quite a lot and the trams there ran down the middle of the road but the roads were wide enough for cars on both sides. If the road by the Mitchell pub was widened I reckon the trams could run every 6 minutes and would help immensel.

It just seems crazy that all the money spent on consultants about routes and signalling and scheduling could be saved if they made a 400 yard piece of road wider. It’s not like it’s not done like that elsewhere. I used to visit cologne quite a lot and the trams there ran down the middle of the road but the roads were wide enough for cars on both sides. If the road by the Mitchell pub was widened I reckon the trams could run every 6 minutes and would help immensel.
Oh I agree entirely.

Just thank the lord that they decided they should tunnel under ATW and Great Ancoats Street. Lol

Last edited:
Bag of shit getting to the game on Saturday.
Bag of shit tonight according to friends.
Why trams can't terminate at the Etihad instead of Piccadilly for 2 hours before and 1+ hour after a game is simply beyond me.
Supposedly insufficient power but if so Metrolink need to sort it.

Bag of shit getting to the game on Saturday.
Bag of shit tonight according to friends.
Why trams can't terminate at the Etihad instead of Piccadilly for 2 hours before and 1+ hour after a game is simply beyond me.
Supposedly insufficient power but if so Metrolink need to sort it.
We got kicked off the rear unit of our Ashton tram at the gardens on the way to the game, they claimed they couldn't shut the doors. Some people stayed on and lo and behold the tram departed with about 20 people in the rear unit. The air was Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.