Metrolink to / from Etihad

Seemed to be the shortest queue of the season so far for trams back into town post match yesterday.
Must have been a combination of away fans leaving early, and it being light and dry so more people walked back.
However, those Liam Gallagher / John Squire announcements at the tram stops were cringetastic.

Seemed to be the shortest queue of the season so far for trams back into town post match yesterday.
Must have been a combination of away fans leaving early, and it being light and dry so more people walked back.
However, those Liam Gallagher / John Squire announcements at the tram stops were cringetastic.
Going the other way to Ashton, it was delayed for about 20 mins.

Last edited:
Obviously if you have a bad experience, it’s going to stick with you. But for me there’s been a noticeable improvement in the service this season.

I risked getting on at Piccadilly station this time, which I was nervous about, as it’s normally so full when it gets there, that from the inside looking out, it looks virtually impossible to squeeze on.

But everyone got on. And while it was obviously full and standing, it wasn’t uncomfortable crowded.

And when we got off, another double had arrived before we’d even got up the stairs and away.

Not sure why in all the years it's been running to the Etihad there's been no consideration to including travel In your match ticket.
These concert tickets are much higher value so easier to hide the transport price in them. It’s not a freebie really, just £6 or whatever added on, but that would be more noticeable for football tickets where clubs prices are compared.

Great today.In the north stand ,usually in south.
Altrincham travelodge so tram the best option.
Civilised queueing system,rain stopped just as i reached the end of the queue.
Finally down to the platform and an double Altrincham tram appears.
Got a seat,tram not overcrowded.
If only it was like this every game.

Great today.In the north stand ,usually in south.
Altrincham travelodge so tram the best option.
Civilised queueing system,rain stopped just as i reached the end of the queue.
Finally down to the platform and an double Altrincham tram appears.
Got a seat,tram not overcrowded.
If only it was like this every game.
Complete shambles of a queue for the tram into town after the game. Fortunately I got an Altrincham tram.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.