Metrolink users

I did. You get the usual response about funding, services non profitable etcetera. Getting around Manchester is a slow, cold, frustrating expensive joke. That is if you can get where you want to go of course.

As for going to the match I now have a tram service that once I am in Altrincham will take me direct to the stadium after years of not being able to do so. Fantastic, it was a dream come true. So what did they do? Discontinue it. It is like some insane comedy sketch except it isn't funny.
One of the reasons I moved back to Alty from Chorlton was the direct Met to the ground.

I could be sat in my living room at 18:00, take the five minute walk to Alty Met Stn and be at the Etihad for 18:45. And then on the way home it’s be the reverse and I’d be home for 23:00.

Now it takes much longer and you can get soaked or frozen at Cornbrook (not a huge issue) or on the way home not be able to get on one of the pathetic, crowded, single Mets they put on and run the risk of missing them altogether and have to get a taxi home which can cost £12-15 from Cornbrook. And it could be closer to midnight before I get home.

Alty must be the busiest Met line on a match day and they cancel all direct Mets and then leave only single units on that discontinue at 23:00 or close to that time.

Appalling service!

One of the reasons I moved back to Alty from Chorlton was the direct Met to the ground.

I could be sat in my living room at 18:00, take the five minute walk to Alty Met Stn and be at the Etihad for 18:45. And then on the way home it’s be the reverse and I’d be home for 23:00.

Now it takes much longer and you can get soaked or frozen at Cornbrook (not a huge issue) or on the way home not be able to get on one of the pathetic, crowded, single Mets they put on and run the risk of missing them altogether and have to get a taxi home which can cost £12-15 from Cornbrook. And it could be closer to midnight before I get home.

Alty must be the busiest Met line on a match day and they cancel all direct Mets and then leave only single units on that discontinue at 23:00 or close to that time.

Appalling service!

It is dreadful. I have stopped going to night games but that is more the fact the last 247 from Altrincham leaves at 22:20 or 22:30. Both times are irrelevant for me as I can't make either unless I left the game about 21:15 and it wouldn't be worth going, so I don't. If I did it is a good 20-30 minutes walk from Navigation road or a taxi for another £10. Manchester's transport is worse than a third world country.

Bump. Hopefully this is of interest to fans travelling to The Etihad by tram.
From tomorrow 15th July journeys can be paid for by using a contactless card to touch in and out using the card readers at each Metrolink stop(currently only used by concession holders only).
So no more buying paper tickets on the tram system,unless you want to that is.

Sorry to bring more doom and gloom, total carnage on the Metrolink for Saturdays game due to engineering, worth checking alternatives.

Sorry to bring more doom and gloom, total carnage on the Metrolink for Saturdays game due to engineering, worth checking alternatives.

You mean the Alty line mate? If so, I trust (hope) the trains will still be running.

It's shut from Cornbrook to Piccadilly. With a bus replacement. Might be a good day to drive.

Better set off very early on Saturday for sure. Dread to think what it's going to be like trying to get on a tram at Piccadilly Gardens as that stop is gonna be mobbed. But knowing the efficiency of the Metro management staff I'm sure that loads of extra trams will be organised from there to the stadium....haha!!?????.

This bunch of arseholes do not give a shit about Manchester City fans, I wish the Club would give them some well deserved stick.

It is difficult enough getting from Timperley to the Etihad even using the tram, but the amount of times this has happened is just ridiculous.

Will refunds be offered to fans who have bought the season ticket?

This bunch of arseholes do not give a shit about Manchester City fans, I wish the Club would give them some well deserved stick.

It is difficult enough getting from Timperley to the Etihad even using the tram, but the amount of times this has happened is just ridiculous.

Will refunds be offered to fans who have bought the season ticket?
Good point about the refunds but doubt it very much as they’ll just say that alternative arrangements were made. The fact that the alternative arrangements are shit won’t bother them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.