Metrolink users

Well done, metrolink strike again, utter c*****!!!! Train it is then. Plenty of trains stop at Ashbury's too or a short walk to Piccadilly and get a 216. Either way it isn't good enough, they are supposed to provide a service and they don't.

Well done, metrolink strike again, utter c*****!!!! Train it is then. Plenty of trains stop at Ashbury's too or a short walk to Piccadilly and get a 216. Either way it isn't good enough, they are supposed to provide a service and they don't.
Not a week goes by without some sort of disruption, the thing is great when it works but on the whole it is crap.

The service is unreliable and not fit for purpose twice in the past year I have been on a tram after midnight that has broken down . The first time I did nothing , the second time about 5 weeks ago I complained that it was the second time I had to get a taxi home at the dead of night costing over 12 quid ( I sent a taxi receipt on attachment ) after much chumnrring they gave me a free day pass on the tram !!! Tbh security on it is virtually non existant ,any wierdo can walk on and off without having a ticket check and it's really only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt . I used the bus a fortnight ago on a trip to the match and will do the same on Saturday , it's roughly the same cost / journey time and at least scallys know they can't get a free ride , there fore very few of them on it

Not a week goes by without some sort of disruption, the thing is great when it works but on the whole it is crap.

It has got progressively worse. Often when we play at home there are no trams or a stop is out of action making it not worth catching. They stopped the Altrincham tram, one of the busiest services, going directly to the stadium and just poo hoo any complaints with total arrogance. Why any tram that goes to Piccadilly can't just do the extra couple of stops to the ground then turn around is beyond me. We are talking a slight change to the schedule once every couple of weeks to help 54,000 people get to an event and home but the wankers can't even do that. Not fit for purpose.

It always seems to City games disrupted by planned engineering works.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between how City and United games have been disrupted by these planned works?

Bump. Hopefully this is of interest to fans travelling to The Etihad by tram.
From tomorrow 15th July journeys can be paid for by using a contactless card to touch in and out using the card readers at each Metrolink stop(currently only used by concession holders only).
So no more buying paper tickets on the tram system,unless you want to that is.
Don’t forget to tap out or you get charged daily rate and sometimes more

I use it daily and in the whole it’s reliable to be fair. The problem is capacity. They Alti line is so busy weekday mornings yet they insist on sending single tram units out at peak times. Now match days and events are a joke. The trams are dangerously overcrowded pre match and after matches they simply don’t lay enough trams on in a short period to take people away.They've done sod all in 4 years to address this. Whoever runs it needs a kick up the arse and it should run into the early hours too!

It always seems to City games disrupted by planned engineering works.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between how City and United games have been disrupted by these planned works?
You'd think they could have scheduled the Cornbrook work for the close season when neither set of supporters would be impacted.

I use it daily and in the whole it’s reliable to be fair. The problem is capacity. They Alti line is so busy weekday mornings yet they insist on sending single tram units out at peak times. Now match days and events are a joke. The trams are dangerously overcrowded pre match and after matches they simply don’t lay enough trams on in a short period to take people away.They've done sod all in 4 years to address this. Whoever runs it needs a kick up the arse and it should run into the early hours too!
That’ll be because none of the top brass decision makers will ever have travelled across the service at key times.

They will never have been on the Alty line and seen how mentally packed it is on a Tuesday morning or for a City home game. They will never have travelled back to Alty after a City game and therefore not experienced not being able to get on the last single unit Met of the day’s service so have to get a taxi home.

Them cancelling the direct Met from Alty to the Etihad on matchdays and putting on single units back to Alty from Town later on after night games shows how fucking clueless they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.