Metrolink

Marvin said:
jrb said:
Just a thought.

If the Metrolink line is open by the time we play Leeds in the FA Cup, it will be the 1st real test for the Police and stewards.

There will be 100's of Leeds fans using the trams and getting off and on at the Etihad stop and passing through City Square.

Could be interesting.
Last I heard, Metrolink was opening 11th Feb...just before Leeds

Yeah, I've heard Feb 11/12...not before time though.

i heard it will be summer 2013 now
the snow over the last week had but it back and the test are still on going so that date of early feb 2013 is way off

Don't know what the excitement is all about, have you tried getting on a tram that holds 300 people when 3000 want to get on?, its fooking chaos.
Tried it twice back to Brooklands from the swamp after Derby games, never again...that and you want to slap the red cnuts because you are so close to them....!
I going to try the Mitchells for an hour, then take a leisurely strole on to the platform when every fooker has hopefully gone home sweating their doodars off...
Not looked at the platfom near the ground, does it have cordoned isles like Old Trafford platform to filter fans into lines, or is it a free for all...!
Isles kind of work better but it's still chaos.

we start ghost running on saturday 2nd feb for 9 days, at last thales have sorted the signals out, then on the 11th feb it will start running in service from bury to droylsden on a 12 minute service and i'm pretty sure on match day it will also be running a 12 minute service from media city to the velodrome,

takeabooson said:
we start ghost running on saturday 2nd feb for 9 days, at last thales have sorted the signals out, then on the 11th feb it will start running in service from bury to droylsden on a 12 minute service and i'm pretty sure on match day it will also be running a 12 minute service from media city to the velodrome,

Will they have the sense to put double carriages on?

takeabooson said:

and you got Derek Acorah to drive the tram aswell

AD4 said:
takeabooson said:

Will they have the sense to put double carriages on?
I don't think they can double up the new trams.

I haven't gone through all these pages, but I live opposite the Stadium and I had a letter before Christmas to say they would start running at the beginning of February. Can't remember what date exactly but I am sure it was the first week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.