Metrolink..

Trafford Council is to consult with residents over the future of the temporary pop-up cycle lanes across the borough.

The lanes on the A56 Chester Road, Bridgewater Way and Edge Lane were installed during lockdown in 2019 to encourage social distancing and promote active travel including walking and cycling.

The Council will now be launching a consultation with residents in the first week of November, 2021, to ask them their views on the cycle lanes.

The consultation is not intended to be a referendum but is intended to gauge viewpoints from the public in identifying new and relevant information to consider when finalising a decision to replace the pop-up cycle lane. The consultation will begin in the week commencing 1 November 2021 for a period of six weeks until 12 December 2021.

Cllr Stephen Adshead, Trafford Council’s Executive Member for Environment, Air Quality and Climate Change, said:

They should have consulted before putting them up and removed them in July when people were being told to return to work.

I bet when if they get 99% responses saying remove, that the twats keep the cones up and suggest a permanent cycle way, completely ignoring that the Bridgewater canal path offers the same off road ability and is ready to use now

Trafford Council is to consult with residents over the future of the temporary pop-up cycle lanes across the borough.

The lanes on the A56 Chester Road, Bridgewater Way and Edge Lane were installed during lockdown in 2019 to encourage social distancing and promote active travel including walking and cycling.

The Council will now be launching a consultation with residents in the first week of November, 2021, to ask them their views on the cycle lanes.

The consultation is not intended to be a referendum but is intended to gauge viewpoints from the public in identifying new and relevant information to consider when finalising a decision to replace the pop-up cycle lane. The consultation will begin in the week commencing 1 November 2021 for a period of six weeks until 12 December 2021.

Cllr Stephen Adshead, Trafford Council’s Executive Member for Environment, Air Quality and Climate Change, said:

Whenever I see the line "the council is set to consult....." I read "the council are going to tell residents what they are going to do.

Like the council were supposed to consult with residents of Moston regarding the building of Pallet Park.
I turned up for the so called consultation meeting which was actually run by the Moston Rag Socks themselves.
It wasnt a consultation but a presentation!

They should have consulted before putting them up and removed them in July when people were being told to return to work.

I bet when if they get 99% responses saying remove, that the twats keep the cones up and suggest a permanent cycle way, completely ignoring that the Bridgewater canal path offers the same off road ability and is ready to use now
The Bridgewater Canal towpath near me (Lymm) says cycling isn't allowed. Is it allowed on this port of the towpath?

The cycle lane through Stretford from the M60 to Cornbrook is beyond ridiculous.

It's actually why I've knocked CL games on the head, I dread to think of the traffic on Midweek game nights leading up to Chrimbo!

You don't create a Cycle Laneby just dropping a few thousands cones!

Not sure if you have seen this petition. Hardly anyone uses those coned off lanes for cycling, looks like someone moved them recently.

The Bridgewater Canal towpath near me (Lymm) says cycling isn't allowed. Is it allowed on this port of the towpath?
It is, it's a cycle highway used to get to Salford Quays by hundreds every day. You can jump off at Old Trafford too if needed to branch off to Manchester

I'm pro-cycling even though I own a car. But blocking off one whole lane on each side of the Chester Road Dual carriageway is an utter farce. Queues of cars stretch all the way down both sides of the dual carriageway during rush hour, and there's not a single cyclist on either side of the coned off cycle lanes. Madness!.

If TCC and MCC what cycle lanes along Chester Road, they should create them on the large grass verges that aren't used for anything. But that would involve spending money and more road works causing more traffic delays. ⛔

FWIW, I’ve noticed that the buses have got cheaper. £2 from town to the swamp. I was in the Atalanta end last night). And £2 from Stretford to Urmston.

I'm pro-cycling even though I own a car. But blocking off one whole lane on each side of the Chester Road Dual carriageway is an utter farce. Queues of cars stretch all the way down both sides of the dual carriageway during rush hour, and there's not a single cyclist on either side of the coned off cycle lanes. Madness!.

If TCC and MCC what cycle lanes along Chester Road, they should create them on the large grass verges that aren't used for anything. But that would involve spending money and more road works causing more traffic delays. ⛔
The fuckers completely shut down a busy main road junction in OT for almost 2 months to widen existing cycle lanes and insert new ones. So natutally impatient motorists seek side street shortcuts rather than follow the insanely convoluted diversion routes thereby impacting the lives of people who live on those side streets.

And all this to keep a handful of celery munching Lycra clad numpties happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.