Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards - Why I had To Leave City

ColinLee said:
grim up north said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Yeah, so far Sagna has been shite to be honest, which is strange because he was last season solid for Arsenal. Atleast he is available and not on the treatment table.

Yet another player not afforded time to settle into a new environment before our resident experts write him off kept Ribery quiet the other night
Correct, not to mention that being available to actually play is a million per cent improvement on someone who was permanently crocked.

Saying he is no better isn't writing him off - Richards is a good player, and was similar or better than Sagna.

An experienced 31 year old always needs a season to bed into a familiar league.

Corky said:
ColinLee said:
grim up north said:
Yet another player not afforded time to settle into a new environment before our resident experts write him off kept Ribery quiet the other night
Correct, not to mention that being available to actually play is a million per cent improvement on someone who was permanently crocked.

Saying he is no better isn't writing him off - Richards is a good player, and was similar or better than Sagna.

An experienced 31 year old always needs a season to bed into a familiar league.

He has played a handful of games

BlueSkyBlue said:
Blue Note said:
Top man is Micah. Wish him all the best. Once a blue always a blue.

Hate to point it out

Do you still look out for City's results?

Richards: "Yeah, of course. I followed Arsenal as a kid,

This forum is so fucking irritating at times.

You actually have the quote in front of you. If you would just have quoted the full sentence it totally blows your point out of the water.

Yeah, of course. I followed Arsenal as a kid, but I always look out for City. I really do want them to do well. I know the people that are still there, who were there when I was. It means so much to them. I know there are a lot of new people who have come in. They think they know the club, they think they can take the club in the right direction. Some do, some don't. The people who have been there for a long time, when we were in the Second Division and still getting 30,000 fans, they are the true City supporters. The ones that come to the game and are moaning when we don't win 5-0 or 6-0, they aren't the true City fans.

dobobobo said:
If young British players were willing to play abroad like everyone else, then they'd get a "chance" in their career.

(I haven't read the whole interview, because I can't be arsed reading it after reading the first line.)

they dont want to give up their 20-60k salary

Good luck Micah. Wish injuries wouldn't have stopped you from being a regular here

MeatHunterrr said:
Also sounds very bitter to me.
Especially if you don't bother to read what he said.

Glad he's playing again, its what he needed for his career, lets hope he gets back to something like the form that got him into the England side, England could badly do with a decent RB.

Pity he had to leave City, but we needed better reliability.

cleavers said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Glad he's playing again, its what he needed for his career, lets hope he gets back to something like the form that got him into the England side, England could badly do with a decent RB.

....and a better RB than he'd been (when fit) for the last 18 months. Loved the lad to bits but he'd gone backwards at an alarming rate and wasn't close to being good enough for a top 4 club.

I'd love him to get himself back on track though and wish him all the best.

cleavers said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Is he though? Haven't really followed his situation closely but he's only had two starts in the league and one sub appearance.

Is it injuries (again) or is he simply not first choice (again)?

Davs 19 said:
cleavers said:
MeatHunterrr said:

....and a better RB than he'd been (when fit) for the last 18 months. Loved the lad to bits but he'd gone backwards at an alarming rate and wasn't close to being good enough for a top 4 club.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason he went backwards was because the injuries had a huge impact on his form which isn't really his fault. Cast your mind back to the 11-12 title winning season - it almost seems to have been forgotten that Richards was our first choice RB for most of that campaign and put in some superb performances. He was at his marauding best in the 6-1 in particular but he also made an impact in other games too - I recall a match a few weeks after the derby at home to a previously unbeaten Newcastle and he scored a great goal in a 3-1 win. It was only in the closing games of the season that he lost his place to Zabaleta and after that things started to go wrong with him regularly picking up injuries.

M18CTID said:
Davs 19 said:
cleavers said:

I'm pretty sure that the only reason he went backwards was because the injuries had a huge impact on his form which isn't really his fault. Cast your mind back to the 11-12 title winning season - it almost seems to have been forgotten that Richards was our first choice RB for most of that campaign and put in some superb performances. He was at his marauding best in the 6-1 in particular but he also made an impact in other games too - I recall a match a few weeks after the derby at home to a previously unbeaten Newcastle and he scored a great goal in a 3-1 win. It was only in the closing games of the season that he lost his place to Zabaleta and after that things started to go wrong with him regularly picking up injuries.

You won't get an argument from me with any of that.

Sadly, it doesn't change the fact that he was no longer good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.