Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards - Why I had To Leave City

MeatHunterrr said:
He just wasn't good enough anymore, simple as. Almost had to play with 1 right back whole last season, because he never was fit and when played looked atrocious.

Also sounds very bitter to me.

So where the fook do you rate Sagna, in comparison?? Laughable post.

May as well have kept Micah for all Sagna does. Stolen a living as far as I'm concerned.

Davs 19 said:
M18CTID said:
Davs 19 said:
....and a better RB than he'd been (when fit) for the last 18 months. Loved the lad to bits but he'd gone backwards at an alarming rate and wasn't close to being good enough for a top 4 club.

I'd love him to get himself back on track though and wish him all the best.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason he went backwards was because the injuries had a huge impact on his form which isn't really his fault. Cast your mind back to the 11-12 title winning season - it almost seems to have been forgotten that Richards was our first choice RB for most of that campaign and put in some superb performances. He was at his marauding best in the 6-1 in particular but he also made an impact in other games too - I recall a match a few weeks after the derby at home to a previously unbeaten Newcastle and he scored a great goal in a 3-1 win. It was only in the closing games of the season that he lost his place to Zabaleta and after that things started to go wrong with him regularly picking up injuries.

You won't get an argument from me with any of that.

Sadly, it doesn't change the fact that he was no longer good enough.

Yep, sorry mate - I read it a little differently to that.

You are right that his loss of form as a result of those injuries made his position effectively untenable - there was a time where the club could play a patient waiting game with players that were injured as often as Micah but these days with the direction the club is going it's not really possible.

he and his career were going backwards, a move was best all round. he's not suddenly a bad player just not as good as zab, but then who is.

Best fullback I've ever seen at City.

I love Zabs but at his best, he is not as good as Micah at his best.

The year we won the league, Micah was absolutely phenomenal/imperious/as good as anyone in the world. After his injury that season, he never got a run of games to get him back to that standard and his face (English) didn't fit with Pellegrini.

Would love him back at City but can't see it happening. All the best Micah and thanks for the memories.

Micah suffered after he played in the Olympics and got injured. He wasn't able to get fit again, had a series of niggling injuries and that coupled with Zabba's form prevented him getting a run of games. As a consequence we never got to see if Micah could get back to where he was in the 2011/12 season which was by far his best ever season. Had he been selected for England regularly during that time I'm sure he may have made a different decision about going to the Olympics and we may have been in a completely different position, having two fit exceptionally good full backs who would have both got 25-30 games a season. I wish the lad well though, he still looks out for City, hopes to be back one day and I for one would love to see him regain his fitness and form. The interview is a really fair and balanced view from a very down to earth lad. Good luck Micah.

Fame Monster said:

The year we won the league, Micah was absolutely phenomenal/imperious/as good as anyone in the world. After his injury that season, he never got a run of games to get him back to that standard and his face (English) didn't fit with Pellegrini.

Would love him back at City but can't see it happening. All the best Micah and thanks for the memories.

He's not even Glen Johnson at his best, let alone Zabaleta.

Good backup who had a purple patch. Positionally dyslexic.

Damocles said:
Fame Monster said:

He's not even Glen Johnson at his best, let alone Zabaleta.

Good backup who had a purple patch. Positionally dyslexic.

Fucking hell FM I've heard it all now, Micah lost his place when he decided to focus on being a heavyweight boxer rather than a fullback, positionally he was shocking, it was his pace and power which enabled him to get back.

Bigga said:
MeatHunterrr said:
He just wasn't good enough anymore, simple as. Almost had to play with 1 right back whole last season, because he never was fit and when played looked atrocious.

Also sounds very bitter to me.

So where the fook do you rate Sagna, in comparison?? Laughable post.

May as well have kept Micah for all Sagna does. Stolen a living as far as I'm concerned.

Haha. Nonsense. If you think Micah's even in the same footballing time zone as Sagna you need to pick a new sport to watch cuz your clueless about football. And I love Richards for many reasons!

"I do believe I will work at the club in some capacity in the future."

Nice. If we can get similar quotes from Lescott & Aleks 'Nat King Cole' Kolarov you'll have the #1 Youtube channel.

Fame Monster said:

I actually agree with this as at the time of winning the league in 2011/12 Richards was easily better than Zabaleta and I'm convinced had he not got injured for GB thus giving Zabaleta a chance of a run of games then Zabaleta might not even be at the club now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.